Gorgeous 1973 Seiko from Goodwill
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Gorgeous 1973 Seiko from Goodwill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I picked the gorgeous 1973 Seiko 25j day date from Goodwill boutique for $12. The dial is amazing with this holographic stripes that change from robins egg blue to a deep blue green. And just look at those case lines! Wow just love this beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Gorgeous 1973 Seiko from Goodwill

And it's a Hi-Beat! Nice find.

Awesome find! I guess there is still hope for finding a deal at Goodwill that isn't through Shopgoodwill.com.
    jimdon5822 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice find! Lucky, as any goodwill I've stopped by the last 3-4 yrs don't carry much for watches anymore. I heard they have someone now that sorts thru stuff and picks out the good stuff to put on their goodwill auction site.
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

Quote Originally Posted by bsshog40 View Post
    Very nice find! Lucky, as any goodwill I've stopped by the last 3-4 yrs don't carry much for watches anymore. I heard they have someone now that sorts thru stuff and picks out the good stuff to put on their goodwill auction site.
    This was one of their boutiques. It’s stores that have all their best stuff. There’s two in my town and they’re called GW.

Nice find
    Cheers,

Keith

Nice

It is a King Seiko 5246-5030 with a missing KS or a rarer non KS branded version. If the crown has KS on it then the KS went missing from the dial. If the crown is not branded then it is a non KS version.

The watch should be a 1972 or 1973. The movement is hi beat and you can see how nice it glides around the dial. It is a very good movement and was also offered in chronometer spec
    Benjamin Barrera and Shum like this.

The date code says it was made in April 1973. The crown is plain and the back does not mention King Seiko. All indications are it is an unbranded King Seiko.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdon5822 View Post
    The date code says it was made in April 1973. The crown is plain and the back does not mention King Seiko. All indications are it is an unbranded King Seiko.

It should also have an English/ Spanish or English/ French day wheel and not Eng/Japanese. This is what I have heard folks calling an export KS. It was sold outside of Japan and used the same dial, movement and fit and finish but did not use the KS badge.

Still a King Seiko is a King Seiko even if it is not named that on the watch.

Go easy on the changing of the date as the Cal. 56xx and 52xx have date issues(they used brittle plastic for the changing mechanism)
    Benjamin Barrera and Shum like this.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    It should also have an English/ Spanish or English/ French day wheel and not Eng/Japanese. This is what I have heard folks calling an export KS. It was sold outside of Japan and used the same dial, movement and fit and finish but did not use the KS badge.

Still a King Seiko is a King Seiko even if it is not named that on the watch.

Go easy on the changing of the date as the Cal. 56xx and 52xx have date issues(they used brittle plastic for the changing mechanism)
    Yes it has an English French date wheel. I was wondering about that so thank you!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information