Got my Rima watch back after losing text trying to clean it and I'm happy with the redial.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By todtracy

Thread: Got my Rima watch back after losing text trying to clean it and I'm happy with the redial.

Got my Rima watch back after losing text trying to clean it and I'm happy with the redial.

This is one of my favorite watches. After I overcleaned the dial it quit running. The autowinder on the Bidynator movement had never worked for me. So I got the dial redone by International Dial in Ohio hoping my watchmaker could fix it. I got the dial back then took the watch to him. He said he worked on Bidynators before and they get gummy under the autowinder. So he cleaned and serviced the movement. Purist may not like this but I'm happy with the results. The Rima logo is smaller than the original but I think it still looks good in keeping with the original look. Plus I got my "17 Jewels Automatic" text back. I'm really liking the watch at the moment. Here's some new pics mixed with the pics with the original dial. Plus the autowinder is working now I haven't wound it since I received it back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

busmatt, eri231, kazrich and 1 others like this.

Re: Got my Rima watch back after losing text trying to clean it and I'm happy with the redial.

The watch can now be worn in non-WIS company without questions about 'old' -- it looks NOS. In the past it was common for owners to redial their watches to accomplish just this.

As well as a large number of watchmakers, the past had, relatively, more redialers. Now we are down to three or four in the whole US. International is has been in this business for years. They were once located in a building in Midtown NYC and still have an employee from that era last I knew.

I hope it runs as well as it looks!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Re: Got my Rima watch back after losing text trying to clean it and I'm happy with the redial.

Thanks Eeeb!
    It's running great, keeping good time. I really like this watch and even with the redial and servicing plus the original cost of the watch I didn't spend a great deal of money on it for a 14k watch. Plus I think it has all the style and elegance of more expensive brands such as Vacheron.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    The watch can now be worn in non-WIS company without questions about 'old' -- it looks NOS. In the past it was common for owners to redial their watches to accomplish just this.

As well as a large number of watchmakers, the past had, relatively, more redialers. Now we are down to three or four in the whole US. International is has been in this business for years. They were once located in a building in Midtown NYC and still have an employee from that era last I knew.

I hope it runs as well as it looks!
    Last edited by todtracy; July 27th, 2014 at 04:29.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by todtracy View Post
    think it has all the style and elegance of more expensive brands such as Vacheron.
    It has, indeed. Which is why I prefer 'lesser' brands. Usually no 'great' brand is worth the premium charged for it.

A Bidynator is something I need to get, too.

Regards,
    Tomcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

Patina: little pieces of history put on old watches and forgotten there by the maker of time

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

"Luxury watches - you acquire the right to take care of them, but they remain the property of their manufacturers."
    (Roland Ranfft)

Now available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader:

Tracks in a Blizzard - A (German) Christmas Ghost Story

Check me out on Facebook! / Visit us on Facebook! / Visit us in our living room!

Thread Information