Grandfather given me his Omega Automatic Geneve (watch novice here) -please help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Prohibit
  • 1 Post By Hartmut Richter
  • 4 Post By Prohibit

Thread: Grandfather given me his Omega Automatic Geneve (watch novice here) -please help

Grandfather given me his Omega Automatic Geneve (watch novice here) -please help

Hello everyone, first post here.

My Grandfather and Father are very into their watches (mainly Rolex and Omega). My Grandad has given me his Omega Automatic Geneve which doesn't work at the moment and he told me it's from roughly 1970.

I am going to get it fully serviced/and cleaned, and also a new glass face, but I would like some more info regarding this exact model and movement please?

- Inside it says 'TWENTY-FOUR 24 JEWELS' and has a number of 1 565 which is the movement I think?
    - The serial number is in the 30,000,000 so this makes it 1970 I think?
    - The inside of the silver back case has 166.070, this is the model range number?

I know that the case is gold plated but how do I know if it is 9k or 14k?

Also could anyone recommend me a standard looking brown leather strap replacement?

Any info/advice and whether this would be considered as a decent or low spec model would be highly appreciated, thanks all.

Last edited by Prohibit; December 4th, 2012 at 19:15.
    busmatt likes this.

Re: Grandfather given me his Omega Automatic Geneve (watch novice here) -please help

Just spent the last 2 hours researching, and now think I have all the answers to my questions.

Sending it off tomorrow to be serviced and hopefully getting it back to its natural beauty and will be wearing it proudly.

Still trying to find a suitable strap replacement though?

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Grandfather given me his Omega Automatic Geneve (watch novice here) -please help

Glad you were able to answer most of the questions. As for the strap, any generic one will do - unless you want to approach Omega for a new vintage one (and pay the earth.....!).

Hartmut Richter
    JP71624 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well I got it back today and I'm really pleased with it. They've done a great job and it looks and works like new :)

joeuk, Marrick, Vincero and 1 others like this.

Congrats!
    A beautiful watch

Sent through Tapatalk

a clean dial, congrats

congrats on a great watch
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Quote Originally Posted by Prohibit View Post
    Well I got it back today and I'm really pleased with it. They've done a great job and it looks and works like new :)

how much was the service, I am looking to pick up something similar

Thank you

Thread Information