Greetings from a noob.

Thread: Greetings from a noob.

Greetings from a noob.

Hello, I'm new here, but I've been sort-of collecting watches for a few years. It started with my great-grandfather's Waltham pocket watch, and now I have a couple-three pocket watches, a couple-three vintage wristwatches, and a few modern quartz watches. I know I've referred to this forum in the past when looking at eBay auctions, and yesterday I finally signed up.

Story about the first vintage watch I actually bought for myself...this was probably five years ago. I finally won an auction for a gold-colored Sheffield automatic -- it didn't cost much, but I was excited, and couldn't wait for it to arrive. When it did, it was just as promised -- clean, and working perfectly. I put a watchband on it that was a little too narrow, but no matter, because I wanted to wear my new (old) watch. I wore it for probably a week, until I left work one evening with my hands full of stuff, caught the watch on the door handle of my car and felt it slip off my wrist. I couldn't catch it, because my hands were full, and it landed flat on the concrete with a sickening *SMACK.* Now it rattles when I shake it, but I still can't bear to get rid of it.

Happily, though, that didn't end my fascination with the things, and so here I am today.

Re: Greetings from a noob.

Welcome to the forum

You got any photo's of your watches?? We like piccys

Re: Greetings from a noob.

I do, and now I have an excuse to take more! I have a few on Flickr, and I posted a couple of my Gubelin earlier today, but I want to take some more pics and put 'em in the proper thread here.

For now though, I have this one:
    Name:  2591254513_b373696125_z.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  138.2 KB

and maybe this one:

Name:  3140443604_2cdec67f38_z.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  118.4 KB

Thread Information