Gucci watch with pill box

Thread: Gucci watch with pill box

Gucci watch with pill box

I found a watch marked Gucci in our safe and wondered when it was made and if it is authentic? It is more like a pocket watch with a pill box and with a riding boot on the top of the pill box. The back is clear so you can see the movement. Does anyone know if Gucci made these? It's pretty cool regardless. There is also a Gucci stamp on the inside of the pill box. Images attached. The front says antimagnetic and 17 rubis and the see through back shows Seventeen 17 Jewels on the movement. The suggesting in the public forum was that Gucci made it to hang on a purse. I am not an enthusiast but it appears quite solid and unique. It also has Gucci stamped on the underside of the pill box lid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by rslobe; August 20th, 2010 at 19:24.

Re: Gucci watch with pill box

Interesting watch/pill box. I suspect this is a pill timer... maybe hung from a belt? It is not a high end movement and probably dates from the 50's to early 70's. I don't know where Gucci was positioned back then but it's probably a little low end for today's Gucci market.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Re: Gucci watch with pill box

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Interesting watch/pill box. I suspect this is a pill timer... maybe hung from a belt? It is not a high end movement and probably dates from the 50's to early 70's. I don't know where Gucci was positioned back then but it's probably a little low end for today's Gucci market.
    It's interesting because the pill box is stamped on the underside as being sterling and stamped Gucci. but it's definitely a watch and not some kind of alarm which would help with taking pills at the right time. I would suspect Gucci had more cache as a leather house then as they did from the 70's through the early 2000's but I know nothing about their watch making which they undoubtedly had made for them. It's solid enough not to feel fake but I just don't know!

Thread Information