Guess what it sells for?

Thread: Guess what it sells for?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    174

    Guess what it sells for?

    I recently posted a 18's Waltham 1883 circa 1896 on ebay. Here are the photos. What is your guess on the final bid? The case is GF.
    Attached Images Attached Images






  2. #2
    Member Eeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes - USofA
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Guess what it sells for?

    I have seen them go for as little as $35 and as much as $350... depends on the seller and the presentation and the luck of the gene pool that is bidding.

    Looks to be a nice example. I think this style dial is called 'rococo' after the similar architectural style.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

    "The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

    ...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    174

    Re: Guess what it sells for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    I have seen them go for as little as $35 and as much as $350... depends on the seller and the presentation and the luck of the gene pool that is bidding.

    Looks to be a nice example. I think this style dial is called 'rococo' after the similar architectural style.
    My guess is $400

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Outlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ALABAMA
    Posts
    1,698

    Re: Guess what it sells for?

    I wish I could get one that nice for 35, or a hundred and thirty five

  6. #5
    Member Shangas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,024

    Re: Guess what it sells for?

    I would say $400? It looks like a handsome, gentleman's pocket watch that could sell for a nice bit of cash. It's in very good condition.

    Is that what you call a 'salesman's case'? Or did you just unscrew the caseback? If it's a salesman's case, it may go for even more, I reckon. It's a gorgeous watch.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

    - Sherlock Holmes.

    'The Yellow Face'.

  7. #6
    Member AbslomRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Canada
    Posts
    5,315

    Re: Guess what it sells for?

    Its pretty, to be sure, but the movement is about as pedestrian as it gets for an '83. Still, style tends to sell better then substance on Ebay, so I'll guess 200 or so. Was it listed as "serviced"?
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    174

    Re: Guess what it sells for?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    Its pretty, to be sure, but the movement is about as pedestrian as it gets for an '83. Still, style tends to sell better then substance on Ebay, so I'll guess 200 or so. Was it listed as "serviced"?
    Yes it was listed as serviced having a new mainspring and photographed with the receipt. I'm hoping $400

  9. #8
    Member Erik_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Norwegian, Singapore
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: Guess what it sells for?

    I recently bought a 15 jewel 1883 for $42. You are basically selling a nice looking case and dial with a 7j movement attached. I would love to know what you will get, but think you might be a bit optimistic.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    174

    Re: Guess what it sells for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik_H View Post
    I recently bought a 15 jewel 1883 for $42. You are basically selling a nice looking case and dial with a 7j movement attached. I would love to know what you will get, but think you might be a bit optimistic.
    At last glance it was at $138.5 with three days to go

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,997

    Re: Guess what it sells for?

    I say between $ 250 to $350. I think it will top out closer to $ 250 than $350.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •