Hamilton Curve Watch Questions

Thread: Hamilton Curve Watch Questions

Hamilton Curve Watch Questions

Hello, I'm a novice when it comes to watch collecting. I would like to start my collection with a Hamilton Curve watch. I have found this one, but i'm not sure if it's right. I want to buy a perfect watch or at least know what is wrong or funky about it before buying. Here is a quote of what the seller says I apologize for the capital letters "HAMILTON CLASSIC- VERY RARE FIND. CURVE CRYSTAL WHICH IS RAISED . WIND UP MOVEMENT I.E. HAVE JUST PERFORMED A ROUTINE SERVICE. 100% AUTHENTIC- RUNNING EXCELLENT- READY TO BE WORN AND SHOWCASE. THIS MODEL LOOKS LIKE AN ARDMORE COLLECTION BUT THE MOVEMENT IS WIND UP- VERY RARE. EXTREMELY GOOD LOOKING- SELDOM WORN. VERY MINOR SCRATCHES ON THE FRONT AND BACK THAT CAN BE HARDLY NOTICED . PLEASE LOOK AT ALL THE PICTURES.
    CASE MEASURES
    ABOUT 24MM X 39MM NOT INCLUDING THE CROWN. CRYSTAL IS CURVED AND IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.
    THE DIAL IS WHITE.THE BAND IS ORIGINAL HAMILTON BAND IN GOOD CONDITION WITH THE ORIGINAL HAMILTON BAND BUCKLE. IT IS BLACK BAND MADE IN CANADA.
    MOVEMENT IS SWISS - WITH HAMILTON
    , LANCASTER , PA STAMPED ON IT. HAMILTON CLASSIC- VERY RARE FIND. CURVE CRYSTAL WHICH IS RAISED . WIND UP MOVEMENT I.E. HAVE JUST PERFORMED A ROUTINE SERVICE. 100% AUTHENTIC- RUNNING EXCELLENT- READY TO BE WORN AND SHOWCASE." The seller want about $350 for it? Is that a good price? Again please excuse my ignorance I just don't want my first experience in watch collecting to be negative.[IMG][/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Hamilton Curve Watch Questions

Wouldn't be my choice in a Hamilton. This is a Swiss movement from pretty late in Hamilton's US history I should think. I'd prefer a genuine all-American movement if buying vintage.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Hi there,

nevertheles interesting, firstly because I've never seen an FHF movement used by Hamilton
    bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: FHF 138011

and secondly because I've never seen this calibre such nicely finished.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice quality and condition piece. Price too high for me, but I am too used to bargains obtained from nontraditional sources like junk stores and flea markets. Part of the fun of collecting. Two 1930-40 shown here less then 1/3 of your price for both from flea market.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information