handwind movements in size 10.5

Thread: handwind movements in size 10.5

handwind movements in size 10.5

Hi there! I would like to replace a handwind Baumgartner movement with size 10.5 with another movement which would fit but would be also not too high but which would have a second, and not only minute and hour like the one which is installed. Thanks for your support!

Re: handwind movements in size 10.5

Well, I would go to Dr Ranfft's site: bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements
    and then try and locate a new or used movt with the same specs as your baumgartner. ETA, and AS are the most common used movts, and depending on your case size, and if your watch has a spacer ring, you might be able to use a slightly larger movt, say, 11.5 ligne.

I have tried to fit quite a few movements into cases which 'should' take them - but it can be hard to get everything to line up properly and for the movement to fit snugly in the case. If the stem ends up at an angle, then it won't work properly or will keep pulling out. Also bear in mind that the dial feet on your existing dial may not fit into the holes in the replacement movement, and the hands may not fit. There are plenty of 10.5 ligne movements around - as Outta Time says, refer to Roland's site.

My best transplant is this Tugaris (which came in a case it did not fit at all well) in a Timex case. Even then, the crown's too small.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Marrick; October 25th, 2010 at 16:45.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks a lot! Well, the movement is a baumgartner 896 ....but that has only minute and hands......so I am looking for sth with second hand.....that is why.....

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_ME View Post
    Thanks a lot! Well, the movement is a baumgartner 896 ....but that has only minute and hands......so I am looking for sth with second hand.....that is why.....
    Maybe ask around all your local watchmakers. The 896 is not as common as the 866, but watchmakers tend to hoard parts for decades. Also try the Watchmaking forum here at Watchuseek. You never know your luck.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Thread Information