Has anyone used this website?

Thread: Has anyone used this website?

Has anyone used this website?

I came across Old Swiss Watches | Vintage Watches Restoration while looking to get my 1968 omega seamaster geneve (563 cal) serviced.

The prices seem really low when compared to other offers I've received. I'm curious if any of you have used or heard of someone using this fellow for their general watch cleaning and how the results were. I can't seem to find any reviews online, but the website seems reputable enough.

Thanks

Re: Has anyone used this website?

I didn't knew this site. The prices are cheap but you have to consider that you have to post your watch to India... Are you willing to send your watches that far?

Quote Originally Posted by tintasuja View Post
    I didn't knew this site. The prices are cheap but you have to consider that you have to post your watch to India... Are you willing to send your watches that far?
    I looked up the shipping, it should be about 14 usd from California to India. I've been emailing the guys and he said the service includes complete disassembly, clean, inspection, and oil.

This is all very tempting..out the door for under a 100 including a new crystal and postage.

Please all, I need advice!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I seriously doubt a complete teardown with an ultrasonic cleaning is done. You can get a cheap quickie service done in Pennsylvania by Mark Sirianni: Mark Sirianni Watch Repair Service - Mark Sirianni Watch Repair & Restoration. In most cases it's $60 - $95 with return shipping. I don't think I'd trust sending it to India. Most of the watches I've seen there are schlocky frankens with bad redials. If they can't get that right, what makes you think they have the correct parts for any watch?

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    I seriously doubt a complete teardown with an ultrasonic cleaning is done. You can get a cheap quickie service done in Pennsylvania by Mark Sirianni: Mark Sirianni Watch Repair Service - Mark Sirianni Watch Repair & Restoration. In most cases it's $60 - $95 with return shipping. I don't think I'd trust sending it to India. Most of the watches I've seen there are schlocky frankens with bad redials. If they can't get that right, what makes you think they have the correct parts for any watch?
    Advice taken. I shot him an email and I should have the watch out by tomorrow am.

Thread Information