Hello all. Am very new to vintage Omegas, everything I kinda know so far is really just based on reading forums etc. Any help is appreciated 🙂
I've been trying to get my hands on a vintage Omega Seamaster and was just offered this particular piece by a local seller.
He is asking for approximately $770USD.
According to him, watch is from 1954. Recently serviced and everything is original.
Below are information seller provided:
Original and Authentic Sunburst Tritium Dial
Original Indexes, Crown & Hands
T SWISS MADE T Dial
Omega Bumper 354 automatic
Base on my very limited knowledge that I've gathered so far, I came to a few conclusions on my own but will appreciate if someone experienced may help me out here.
- Watch seems original & authentic
- Wordings on dial seems original, with the right logo, "A"s & "O"s.
- Crown and case seems as described
- Movement seems to be as described
If anyone thinks otherwise, please do help to point out 🙂
Here are some of my concerns though.
- "T SWISS MADE T" dial seems to be only available after 1960s, which means this piece from 1954 should not have such printing on its dial. Is there a possibility of this? Maybe it's a service dial, is that possible? Or was this dial completely re-done/refinished?
- I tried searching for this particular Reference number but can't seem to find this dial on any images.
I guess my main concern here is just how original is this particular piece and even if it's possibily a Frankenwatch, should I pick it up for $770USD given that it was recently serviced?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!