HELP! Can anyone help me get info on a vintage Omega?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mason103
  • 2 Post By mkws

Thread: HELP! Can anyone help me get info on a vintage Omega?

HELP! Can anyone help me get info on a vintage Omega?

Hi,

I have a question about an Omega watch that I am wondering if you can help me with. My father passed recently and I came across a watch he has had my entire life but never wore. I don’t know the whole story of it, but I know he didn’t purchase it. It may have been a gift from an ex wife, which is my best guess since he didn’t tell my mom how he got it either. Anyway, I asked the watchmaker at my jeweler to authenticate it and he let me know that it is a real Omega. However, he said that it is not gold (gold plated). I asked for the serial number and he gave me a number along with another number of “14327”, which I discovered on the Omega website would be a 1953 DE LUXE CHRONOMETER but should be 18K gold. I can’t seem to find a picture matching the watch I have anywhere either. I don’t know if that is a good or a bad thing. With your vast knowledge of Omega, do you have any insight about this particular watch? Any guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

busmatt likes this.

Re: HELP! Can anyone help me get info on a vintage Omega?

Omega lists a ref. OT 14327, which is in solid gold alright, but that doesn't mean that it was made in solid gold only. For all the different case material versions, the reference number was the same, so - for example - a steel version would still be a 14327, only the two letters preceding the number would be CK instead of OT.
    Omega doesn't list every single watch they've made, let alone every version of every watch they've made.

In the meantime, it would be most helpful if we could see the case markings (located on the inner side of the case back).
    esdy_11192 and busmatt like this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Maybe this watch is actually gold and the OP was given incorrect information. The case is quite worn but I don't see any brassing. I know it doesn't prove anything, it's just a hunch.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

more photos are needed for us to tell something: movement photo, caseback photos from both sides
    Chaos is my focus

Thread Information