HELP: Could anyone ID this ENICAR watch?

Thread: HELP: Could anyone ID this ENICAR watch?

HELP: Could anyone ID this ENICAR watch?

Ok, this was my father's watch. I believe it is from the 60s. Only reference number I have is in the back 167-01-25 right below Swiss inscription. Can anyone tell me more about this watch? I googled but couldn't find any information. Contacted Enicar but didn't hear back from them.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the pic quality.

Re: HELP: Could anyone ID this ENICAR watch?

Although its difficult to tell from the photo it looks like an Enicar Automatic from the 1960's, if you can get better photos of the watch and the movement as well I'm sure someone will be able to give a little more info.
    John
    Watch Website: www.chambresdebelair.com/watches.html last update 07/11/2012

Sorry, not much help on the model - but it's a rather nice design! A neat feature that it shows the number of the day as well
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Movement is an AR 167, as the reference number tells us. This movement was built as of the second half of the 60ies, looking at the design I dare to say the watch is from the early 70ies. Enicar's of those days have excellent movements, and the brand was above average in quality. The company does not exist anymore, went broke in the 80ies. Thus Your enquiry will not return anything.
    Keep it! Have it serviced!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

If it is an AR 167, this will be the day-date version of the 165. And that is now the "in house" movement of Chronoswiss (Cal. 122).....

Hartmut Richter

wow! the wealth of knowledge around here! Thanks gentlemen. Now, on to service part. Where should I take this watch to? I don't think a local jeweler could service this.

I've heard good things about Archer Watches in Canada (don't know where you are from), or Craig at Chronodeco in Oregon. He's worked on all of my vintage Gallet watches.

ArcherWatches.ca

chronodeco - Repair and Restoration
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

thank you! I will contact Craig here shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    If it is an AR 167, this will be the day-date version of the 165. And that is now the "in house" movement of Chronoswiss (Cal. 122).....

Hartmut Richter
    Thank you so much for posting this quite a while back. I bought a watch recently on ebay on a whim. It was so unique and had this utilitarian, yet elegant look to it. I'm not a big knowledgeable watch guy nand know little about Enicar. But anyway it has this AR167 movement, is an Ocean Pearl from the late 60's, and just beautiful, rugged and masculine looking. Paid way too much, probably.. $150 USD shipped. Got the watch and it is just stunning. Looks far better in person than it did in the ebay shots. Dial has a very nice patina and is obviously original, as is the crown and movement. A poster here said he was extremely skeptical about the case. I'm not and I'll tell you why.. Back in the 90's I worked for a "Franco-Italiano" mega-corp, headquartered in France, near Geneva, on the French-Swiss border, in France. Anyway, I traveled frequently to the region. An older engineer I knew had what I believe was the same watch, or very close to it. I really liked the way it looked back then. My friend also told me the watch was 25 years old and the watchmaker used to be near there and had been defunct for several years.

Sorry for babbling.... the watch runs but stops every now and then.. I bought another watch with the same exact movement, in the same size case (not nearly as cool) but running perfectly. What do I need to know about having the good and smooth running movement swapped into the watch I want. Or, is this a problem that should be easy to fix with a cleaning and overhaul. What would be my best option since I have great running AR167 movement in a case I don't want and case I very much want with a sticking movement?

Sorry for this post... it's long-winded. But I really don't know much about these watches or any watches really... Thanks in advance for any information anyone has on this movement and watch. ..

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/joy...l#post13521978

forgot to mention that the seller and location of the watch was very close to the old Enicar facility and where I first saw the watch 22 years ago.

Name:  $_57.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  306.4 KB

Name:  watch.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  339.2 KB
    Last edited by Clem Vannstein; March 20th, 2015 at 15:34.

Thread Information