Help finding Vintage Omega Seamaster Deville
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eeeb

Thread: Help finding Vintage Omega Seamaster Deville

Help finding Vintage Omega Seamaster Deville

Hey, this is actually my first post to WUS and kind of nervous so bear with me. I recently graduated college and found a job and decided to take the plunge and look to buying a vintage Omega Seamaster Deville. Thing is I have no idea where to start I did some browsing on Ebay and feel overwhelmed. SO was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction on where some reputable dealers online could be or ways to spotting fakes. Or if you could just post links to certain watches you know are non fake.

Thank you!

Re: Help finding Vintage Omega Seamaster Deville

Welcome... Plenty of Omegas around. Ask if you find any that tickle your fancy Buy the seller. Avoid the Ukraine and Argentina.
    NT931 likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Buy the seller. Avoid the Ukraine and Argentina.
    Also avoid India and any country in Asia not named "Japan".
    gatorcpa

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So should I look to get it serviced/cleaned myself or buy it serviced/cleaned? Seems that the prices vary going anywhere from $400-$1600

Quote Originally Posted by broemmic View Post
    So should I look to get it serviced/cleaned myself or buy it serviced/cleaned? Seems that the prices vary going anywhere from $400-$1600
    Well, it's up to you. If you buy it serviced, be sure that they can produce some paper-work that shows what has been done. A service will usually cost you in the region of $150-300). Prices varies because the condition of these watches varies. A serviced watch is supposed to be in a better condition, hence higher price.

On my blog (you need to get it browser-translated from Norwegian) I discuss affordable vintage watches with a separate section looking into the 600s and DeVilles. You might find this useful.

Also, check Omega Vintage Database when you find a model you like. If you look up the reference number, e.g. 136.011 (please note that you need to insert an extra 0 after the ., i.e. 136.0011) you get useful information about the movement etc. and usually a picture of the model that will help you identifing the watch as a genuine article and not a franken, redial or, god forbid: a fake.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ArneHR; September 9th, 2012 at 18:17.

Thread Information