help finding watch similar to this Patek Philippe

Thread: help finding watch similar to this Patek Philippe

help finding watch similar to this Patek Philippe

Name:  XXX_21_1344460085_1.jpeg
Views: 2397
Size:  67.9 KB
    1STDIBS.COM Jewelry & Watches - Patek Philippe - PATEK PHILIPPE White Gold Calatrava Ref 3410 circa 1960s - Matthew Bain Inc.

Hi Everyone!

So hopefully this isn't too ridiculous but I was hoping for some help finding a vintage watch with a similar look to this Patek Philippe. Unfortunately I am young and broke so any watch with a price of "contact dealer" is out of my range. I would be comfortable spending about $300, maybe more if it is a well made watch that i really loved and would last for a long time.

What I love about this watch is its understated simplicity and sharp lines. Very classic. I like this white gold version a lot more than the yellow gold. I am not too concerned with popular name brands, just want a well made vintage Swiss mechanical watch.

Thanks for the help!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: help finding watch similar to this Patek Philippe

At that sort of cash, you would probably want a watch in good condition with a high quality generic movement (ETA, Adolf Schild, FHF.....) Even if subseconds are a must and the date and dial numbers should be missing, there should be loads around. The best bet would be to go to eBay, get something for a maximum of 50-100$ and have it serviced for 100-150$. That way, you could even end up saving some cash.....

Now, I do know that there are some pitfalls here. You will need to know the basics about watch movements otherwise you end up paying 50 bucks for a great looking pin pallet watch worth about ten bucks! Always reject watches without movement pictures and if in doubt, seek help here (posting a picture of the watch and movement).

Good luck!

Hartmut Richter

Agree with Hartmut - trawl through ebay. A couple of good brands that did fairly similar designs are Longines e.g 1986 LONGINES GENTLEMAN'S WITH HI-BEAT MOVEMENT | eBay and Certina. Good luck.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

pej

I'd certainly go for a decent brand like longines or omega. A cal. 601 omega geneve would be pretty close to the style but has a sweep sec hand.

Thread Information