Help with Hermes watch

Thread: Help with Hermes watch

Help with Hermes watch

Not really a desirable piece & it being ladies..... is this watch correct? ..it is Hermes but the back case says Alfex...and the movement is Alfex??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help with Hermes watch

The movement is an Amida, cal. 5111 (one jewel version). The link below features the 5 jewels version and with a KIF shock protection:

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Amida 5111

Alfex (the makers/assemblers of this watch) is a Swiss company having put in this cheap version of a rather cheap movement.

https://www.alfex.ch/pages/our-story

And 'Hermes' has been used as a model designation by many. The guy fits really everything, he has been the Greek God of trade, heraldry, merchants, commerce, roads, thieves, trickery, sports, travelers, and athletes (according to Wiki, but I remember from school that there had been a few more things he was 'responsible' for).

Altogether from the 1980s, and yes, the statement 'not really a desirable piece & it being ladies.....' is absolutely correct, unless it's a family heirloom.
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; July 19th, 2019 at 20:31.

Thanks...yes I thought it maybe a brought in crap movement....Just wanted to check as I want to sell it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

To me it looks like a cheap knock off but I did note the face, inside back & movement state Swiss Made. Personally, I wouldn't afford it a second look.
    Nobody knows Everything, but Everybody knows Something!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Well, I hope you meant wanted to sell it. Point 1: no Sales talk in open forum. Point 2: I think that you'd be lucky to get a fiver for that thing! Unless you intended to rob someone of his/her cash.....

In any case, for the above reason: Thread closed.

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information