Help with id.

Thread: Help with id.

Help with id.

I have an old pocket watch. It has no name on it. The hands are a copper color. It has a second hand dial. The main hands look a bit like a Base guitar without strings and have little curls in the center. It is key wound. It has serial numbers 42375, underneath that a 9 and a stamp which is what looks to be a pheasant inside a rounded upside down triangle. It also has a stamp in a rounded rectangle with the bird on it, inside the numbers 0,800 . The outside of the watch has was appears to be a European type rendering of a bird. Some Castles or houses on the bottom half ingraved. The other side is engraved with what looks to be feathers. Along the rim are flowers. The key has a gold looking top and the post of the key looks silver. Does anyone have a clue as to where it was made. How old, or even a suggestion on Country. I cannot find a way to add a picture or I would.

Re: Help with id.

We need a picture. When you do a reply go to advanced then below the reply box there's a button for manage atachments. you do a browse, select the appropriate photo, upload then you can post the reply with photo.

I did the best I could with the pictures. I can try again if these are not good enough for identification. That little rounded triangle has a bird in it. It is so tiny, I can only see it with the magnifier...then again, I am old, and using those cheater glasses to even read my email.
    Thank you for your help with uploading pictures. New at this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If the bird is a grouse, that is a Swiss hallmark. The .800 means its 80% pure silver.

See:

http://www.925-1000.com/foreign_marks.html
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! The website was a great help. So were you. Now I have to find out its value. It is the Swiss Hallmark. 1882-1934..

If you have a website I can visit to find the value I would appreciate it. I did find an x within the triangle with the grouse. Maybe someone knows.

Thread Information