(Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

Thread: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    29

    (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    Hi everyone.
    I need a help from one of you in identifying the authenticity of a Breguet pocket watch movement as the following photos.
    Thanks.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wegberg, Germany
    Posts
    3,666

    Re: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    Hi there,

    what do you believe why Breguet watches are more expensive than pedestrian no-name watches? This is not only a fake, but moreover a cadaver: The precision regulator is lost, and the escapement ruined. May I guess? From Ukraine?

    Regards, Roland Ranfft

  3. #3
    Member AbslomRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Canada
    Posts
    5,315

    Re: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    In this particular case, "Breguet" may refer to the "Breguet Overcoil Hairpsring". The movement looks to be something from anywhere near the early 1900's to the late '40s. I can only assume the original dial has been replaced with something hideous judging from the fact that the dial feet don't actually extend through the holes (and implying that the dial is being held in place with glue or tape, if at all.)
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member HOROLOGIST007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Costa Blanca Spain
    Posts
    13,373

    Re: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    In this particular case, "Breguet" may refer to the "Breguet Overcoil Hairpsring". The movement looks to be something from anywhere near the early 1900's to the late '40s. I can only assume the original dial has been replaced with something hideous judging from the fact that the dial feet don't actually extend through the holes (and implying that the dial is being held in place with glue or tape, if at all.)
    That was exactly my thought.
    For certain its not "A Breguet"
    so either an overcoil basic pocket watch or a fake

    Regards
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

    "Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wegberg, Germany
    Posts
    3,666

    Re: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    Hi Adam,

    Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    That was exactly my thought.
    Technical features written on the dust cap are pretty common. But I've never noticed data on the movement which were clearly visible. Number of jewels or adustments make sense, because they aren't visible. But writing "Breguet" (not "Spiral Breguet") on the movement comes near writing "case" on the case.

    It may be nice to believe the best, but this one is definitely a ruined average grade movement with a fake signature.

    Regards, Roland Ranfft

  7. #6
    Member Emre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Istanbul-Dubai-Varna
    Posts
    3,362

    Re: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    and has been already fitted in a wrist-watch case :(

  8. #7
    Member HOROLOGIST007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Costa Blanca Spain
    Posts
    13,373

    Re: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Ranfft View Post
    Hi Adam,


    Technical features written on the dust cap are pretty common. But I've never noticed data on the movement which were clearly visible. Number of jewels or adustments make sense, because they aren't visible. But writing "Breguet" (not "Spiral Breguet") on the movement comes near writing "case" on the case.

    It may be nice to believe the best, but this one is definitely a ruined average grade movement with a fake signature.

    Regards, Roland Ranfft
    Thanks Roland
    Agreed
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

    "Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wegberg, Germany
    Posts
    3,666

    Re: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    Hi Emre,

    Quote Originally Posted by Emre View Post
    and has been already fitted in a wrist-watch case :(
    Well, that's likely the best one can tell about this piece

    Regards, Roland Ranfft

  10. #9
    Member Crunchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Based in South east asia, travelling between
    Posts
    3,459

    Re: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    Ugly movement! Stay away!
    W.A.S. Watch Acquisition Syndrome Patient.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    29

    Re: (Help) Identify the authenticity of a Breguet Pocket watch movement

    Thanks everyone.
    I decided not to buy this watch.
    Again thanks all very much:)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •