Help in Identifying this 70's Heuer

Thread: Help in Identifying this 70's Heuer

Help in Identifying this 70's Heuer

Hi

I have found this watch (attached jpeg) in Buenos Aires (where I currently am visiting). The owner of the antique shop says he is selling it on behalf of a friend and he has no papers or details (name , make, model etc) . The watch is in reasonable condition (new strap and has recently been serviced but a few scratches on the metal) but I am having difficulty in working out the make and model number.

Does anybody recognise it? The only writing on the face is Heuer, 17 Rubis and Incabloc. I would appreciate any help you can give me and if you have any idea on pricing that would be great, even if it is just a range for good and bad examples. The seller's asking price is $950.

Thanks in advance for any help

JD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help in Identifying this 70's Heuer

The maker is Heuer. The watch probably dates to the late 60s or early 70s. Since no model is indicated it probably isn't one of the named models, i.e., Carrera, Monaco, Autavia, etc.

Re: Help in Identifying this 70's Heuer

hello [email protected]

As a active member of an Spanish forum of vintage watches , I should advise you about the possibility of a Frankenwatch or Frankenheuer, as we have discussed several examples coming from Argentina. The only way to assure its originality should be to open and see what is inside. I could guess (only guess) that this watch could have a valjoux 7733 or similar. In that case the price asked is little high as I have seen some other very similar for less than that.

Authentic vintage Models like those cited in the other post of Jim H : Carrera, Monaco, Autavia, etc, are certainly more expensive.

Only my 2 cents or I should say "dos quintitos"

Saluds
    Last edited by Kingmatic; March 17th, 2008 at 23:44.

Thread Information