Help in identifying this Aluminum High Grade Pocket Watch - Vacheron, LeCoultre, Longines ?

Thread: Help in identifying this Aluminum High Grade Pocket Watch - Vacheron, LeCoultre, Longines ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Help in identifying this Aluminum High Grade Pocket Watch - Vacheron, LeCoultre, Longines ?

Hello

This is yet another beautiful time piece. To be identified project. Interesting facts:

Aluminum case (although not marked, but very light); ultra thin 7.9mm, high grade nickeled movement. Weight: 42gr.
    Dial style is similar with the Vacheron aluminum pocket watch. The minute hand end shows like a lily flower end.
    My first feeling was this is a Longines 18.89 ebauch but now i'm not so sure.

Any help is highly appreciated !!

The movement seem to be high grade, but for the moment the only match is 18.89. There's no writing on the movement, case or dial.
    I did not remove yet the dial to see what's there but i was hoping to have a clear idea without removing it.

Pictures:

Thank you
    PFD

Re: Help in identifying this Aluminum High Grade Pocket Watch - Vacheron, LeCoultre, Longines ?

Aluminum cases were a pre-war phenomena... that's about all I'm good for!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Re: Help in identifying this Aluminum High Grade Pocket Watch - Vacheron, LeCoultre, Longines ?

I'm noticing a lack of any markings on a watch that looks post 1910 in design, which means that whoever made it didn't plan on importing it anywhere like the british empire or the U.S.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    I'm noticing a lack of any markings on a watch that looks post 1910 in design, which means that whoever made it didn't plan on importing it anywhere like the british empire or the U.S.
    Indeed, but what do you think about the movement ? How would you consider the work ?
    In my opinion is definitely high grade. Of course is post 1910 in style and movement.

Is the movement aluminum? Not V&C though...this is their aluminum watch and movement from 1938:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tick Talk says, "A watch in the hand is worth two on the wrist"

Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    Sorry can not help with what it is, but does appear to be a good grade of watch. I don't know if it was for export markets or not, but with the A - R and the F -S it almost looks like it was meant for the US market.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Tick Talk View Post
    Is the movement aluminum? Not V&C though...this is their aluminum watch and movement from 1938:
    It is a lecoultre ebauche
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Quote Originally Posted by georges zaslavsky View Post
    It is a lecoultre ebauche
    Hi

Did you find a LeCoultre similar to this ? If yes, what cal. or even better, if you have pictures, that would help.

PFD

Quote Originally Posted by rolexfantastic View Post
    Hi

Did you find a LeCoultre similar to this ? If yes, what cal. or even better, if you have pictures, that would help.

PFD
    I would have phrased it as a LeCoultre-style movement. This bridge layout was not uncommon. But others often know more than I (fortunately! )
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Looks similar to the Zodiac movement.

Cheers from the cellar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information