Help Identifying Eterna? - Page 2

Thread: Help Identifying Eterna?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The movement is an ...

Quote Originally Posted by Porq View Post
    No, no sound at all. Im a little confused by this right about now :D
    edit: ok, if I put right next to my ear in a quiet space and really focus, I can barely hear the arm(s) moving.
    Then is is probably a true quartz watch where the coil is hidden. That is good... it is much more likely to live a long life without a balance wheel.

Quite a find you pulled from the drawer!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Aye, indeed it seems so.
    Im just a little confused what to do with it, after all from what I can gather it is somewhat rare (??) - so I'd rather not wear it, even though I kinda like it. Since Im no collector (except for semi cheap run-down models lying in another drawer) I recon it might have a better home than mine, unless I start my collection - which seems like a rather distant idea.

So, any ideas on that subject matter? And would this spark any interest in collectors or afficianados?

WatchUSeek has a sales forum for watches and there is always eBay. The key to selling is a good description with good pictures. Time the watch so you can describe it's accuracy -- an accurate watch is usually a healthy watch.

But I would not fear wearing this watch. It should be about as durable as a normal quartz which means it is about 10 times more durable than a mechanical watch. Wear it and smile at it when you look at it -- no one else will appreciate you wearing a piece of history but YOU will know
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, the coil is integral to the stepping motor unit.

Here is a better picture of this movement.

Thanks to all of you helping to solve this mystery.
    Ill have to think about what Im going to do with this find from my drawer.
    Perhaps Ill try to clean it up a bit and get it valued somehow (any ideas as to where?). Your idea of walking around with it is indeed tempting, even though I dont really know much about this particular piece of history you mentioned. Feel free to PM me if you're (or some of you are) interested, want pics or something.

Cheers!
    -J

That is a good looking watch. I like that '70's design very much. If I were you I should keep it and wear it proudly. I wear my dad's old mechanical watch everyday (the same age as your watch), and like others said: A quartz is ten times more durable then an old mechanical. Don't worry too much.

It looks really good with a brown leather strap too.

Here is a guy with the same watch.

(Use Google translate if you can't read French (I can't...)

IF you decide to wear it, you should get the case cleaned though. There's some dirt around the edge of the watch crystal and on the back. A watchmaker can make it look like new again.
    Last edited by Ceristimo; August 26th, 2008 at 19:17.

Re: Help Identifying Eterna?

Keep it, the watch is def a beauty but it won't make you rich.

Peace,
    Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information