Help Identifying Gubelin/Movado ladies watch

Thread: Help Identifying Gubelin/Movado ladies watch

Help Identifying Gubelin/Movado ladies watch

Hi--I just found this watch at a yard sale and was wondering if anyone could identify the model/make, its age, and possible value. It is a ladies wristwatch and says "Gubelin Inc." and "Switzerland" on the face. There is no writing on the back, but on the sides of the case it says "Movado Factories Switzerland" and "123490". Thanks in advance.
    Here's a link to some pictures: imgur: the simple image sharer

Re: Help Identifying Gubelin/Movado ladies watch

It looks mid 40's, Gubelin is a very high end store, much like Tiffany. They outsource their watches to the likes
    of Patek Philippe.

Re: Help Identifying Gubelin/Movado ladies watch

The numbers seem to vary fairly wildly on eBay. Obviously it depends on who made the watch and of what precious metals the case consists, along with the condition it is in. Valuations are against the forum rules (not that I would know enough to make a valuation, even if I had the watch in my hands), but you can look for the prices of similar watches in the same condition, metal alloy, and by the same manufacturer by doing an advanced search of completed listings on eBay.

Ladie's watches aren't as highly valued as men's watches are, so you may want to ask a trusted local watchmaker to have a look before you think about having it appraised. Someone here might be able to tell you whether it is worth going to the trouble, though.
    Last edited by M.Stanton; December 9th, 2013 at 14:16.

Thread Information