Help identifying this Patek pocket watch

Thread: Help identifying this Patek pocket watch

Help identifying this Patek pocket watch

Hello everyone..

Thanks in advance for any help. This watch is a family herloom. Unfortunately no one is left that can tell me about it. If anyone can please help identify it and it's value I would appreciate it. I do not have the watch in hand right now so these are the only pictures I have for now. If it impossible to identify I will need to go and get some more pictures. Thank you.
    Name:  IMG_20130128_124039.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  37.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_20130128_124043.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  44.9 KB

Re: Help identifying this Patek pocket watch

Well, it's clearly a pocket watch. Goldish coloured. Dial text matches the box. That's about all anyone is going to be able to tell you based on the pictures provided. Values can't be given in this forum in general, and would be particularly useless in this case, since the value would range from $10 (if the movement isn't actually a Patek) to $250,000 (if it happens to have something extremely special inside).
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

The watch likely cannot be accurately identified by anyone without having it in hand. My recommendation would be to take it to a Patek Philippe authorized dealer that has an on staff watchmaker who can safely open the covers and write down (or better yet, photograph) the serial numbers on the movement. They may even be able to identlfy the caliber and/or complications.

Next step would be to contact Patek, Philippe & Co., who can likely tell you when the watch was made and where it was originally delivered. Last step would be to contact one of the larger auction houses, who may be able to do a more formal appraisal.

My guess from the general style and the dates on the box is that the watch dates from sometime during the first decade of the 20th Century.

Anything else, you'll need an expert.
    gatorcpa

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you gatorcpa for the helpful suggestions. Are the covers on the watch able to be opened without tools or is that why you suggest a watchmaker for opening them ?

Thanks and take care..

Quote Originally Posted by gatorcpa View Post
    The watch likely cannot be accurately identified by anyone without having it in hand. My recommendation would be to take it to a Patek Philippe authorized dealer that has an on staff watchmaker who can safely open the covers and write down (or better yet, photograph) the serial numbers on the movement. They may even be able to identlfy the caliber and/or complications.

Next step would be to contact Patek, Philippe & Co., who can likely tell you when the watch was made and where it was originally delivered. Last step would be to contact one of the larger auction houses, who may be able to do a more formal appraisal.

My guess from the general style and the dates on the box is that the watch dates from sometime during the first decade of the 20th Century.

Anything else, you'll need an expert.
    gatorcpa

Quote Originally Posted by 330formula View Post
    Are the covers on the watch able to be opened without tools or is that why you suggest a watchmaker for opening them?
    Maybe yes, maybe no. I can't tell from your pictures, which is why I suggest letting a professional handle it.
    gatorcpa

Thread Information