Help identifying these? - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Help identifying these?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Help identifying these?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post

This watch has the same set-up as the subject, and has the 1030 calibre movement.

Another with the same model number, as seen inside the case back.

Answered above
    Adam
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

So this one can't be a 1956 model then? Seller is master watchmaker and member of the BHI, should, "know his onions"!

Gents Vintage 1956 Rolex GMT Master Watch | eBay

I just really want to thank everyone for your help and thought on this. I have sent them in and am going to get an opinion when an expert has them in their hands and can look at movements and confirm all is correct. I am looking forward to having them serviced and a new bezel on the gmt and then keep them serviced and wear them and enjoy them. That's what they were made for right?
    bobbee and gatorcpa like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mcook7373 View Post
    I just really want to thank everyone for your help and thought on this. I have sent them in and am going to get an opinion when an expert has them in their hands and can look at movements and confirm all is correct. I am looking forward to having them serviced and a new bezel on the gmt and then keep them serviced and wear them and enjoy them. That's what they were made for right?
    Absolutely.
    But make sure no one trys to clean or replace that GMT dial (or the Oyster!)
    adam
    bobbee likes this.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Sorry to resurrect the old post but I felt like I had an update. I sent both watches to John Brozek at quality tyme. He has been a joy to work with thus far, he has really walked me through the process and calmed my nerves when the registered mail from the USPS went of the radar and freaked me out lol! Work has started on them and we both discussed and agreed on not changing hands or dials on either watch and not polishing the case much to leave the patina that has formed over the years, especially on the bubble back. I am also getting a reproduction bezel and insert as I don't have 5 figures to spend on an bakelite one. I am still about 3-4 weeks out on getting the pieces back. Anyway once I get the pieces back I will take pictures to see how everything went. Thanks to this website and John, I will be bringing back 2 vintage pieces back to life. My wife may not be as happy since now all I want is watches but as my mother always use to say, this too shall pass! Thanks again!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Thanks for the update. I am not sure about it "going to pass", though.....!

Hartmut Richter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information