Help Identifying vintage Omega

Thread: Help Identifying vintage Omega

Help Identifying vintage Omega

Hi guys. New to the site so this is my first post. Just getting in to high end watches and don't know much about Omegas. I was able to buy a Rolex 1550 at a great price and now I have the bug. I found the watch pictured below at a shop while visiting my parents. I took a pic discreetly to not show I was interested.

It looks like a seamaster, although it doesn't say it on the dial like they do. Comes with original inner and outer box. The outer box even has the original price tag on it.

I tried searching what I believe is the reference number in google but couldn't find much. Back of the box said Omega 6028R/3 17j

One pic below. Any info would help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help Identifying vintage Omega

1970s Omega with cal 1020 or 1022 movement. Not as desirable as the earlier Omegas, but some people like the 1970s style, and they are generally more affordable. Most of the dials found on this style of watch do say Seamaster, so this might be cause for concern. It's possible that those boxes are original to that watch, but not likely and not verifiable, so there is no value added in my opinion. Bracelet looks badly stretched out to me; other than that, it's hard to see the condition from your photo. The price is roughly what a cal 1020 Seamaster in good condition sells for on eBay, and these are pretty common, so it's certainly no great bargain.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    1970s Omega with cal 1020 or 1022 movement. Not as desirable as the earlier Omegas, but some people like the 1970s style, and they are generally more affordable. Most of the dials found on this style of watch do say Seamaster, so this might be cause for concern. It's possible that those boxes are original to that watch, but not likely and not verifiable, so there is no value added in my opinion. Bracelet looks badly stretched out to me; other than that, it's hard to see the condition from your photo. The price is roughly what a cal 1020 Seamaster in good condition sells for on eBay, and these are pretty common, so it's certainly no great bargain.
    Thank you! Very much appreciated. That is $499CDN, but still sounds like not a good enough deal to take the plunge. Thanks so much for the help

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well that's definitely a better price, and maybe you could even negotiate a bit lower. So the price might not be too bad. I'd want to get a really good look at the bracelet, because I'm concerned that it might be in pretty bad shape. This is an integrated bracelet so you can't just swap it out with a generic band. You'd need to wear it as is, or find someone to repair it.

Obviously you'll need to see the inside. And be sure to check out that it's running, as well as the day/date change. I notice that there is something a little wonky about the Day feature since it seems caught between days. Of course, this might be minor, but you just don't know until a watchmaker takes a look. So if you do buy it, don't pay too much.

But all in all, I would probably move on from this one. If you like this model, you might as well find an actual Seamaster and try to find one in better condition.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    Well that's definitely a better price, and maybe you could even negotiate a bit lower. So the price might not be too bad. I'd want to get a really good look at the bracelet, because I'm concerned that it might be in pretty bad shape. This is an integrated bracelet so you can't just swap it out with a generic band. You'd need to wear it as is, or find someone to repair it.

Obviously you'll need to see the inside. And be sure to check out that it's running, as well as the day/date change. I notice that there is something a little wonky about the Day feature since it seems caught between days. Of course, this might be minor, but you just don't know until a watchmaker takes a look. So if you do buy it, don't pay too much.

But all in all, I would probably move on from this one. If you like this model, you might as well find an actual Seamaster and try to find one in better condition.
    Thanks Dan. I'm just not even going to mess with it!!

Thread Information