Help in identifying this Wilhelm monopusher - LANDERON HAHN vs LANDERON 12 vs LANDERON 39

Thread: Help in identifying this Wilhelm monopusher - LANDERON HAHN vs LANDERON 12 vs LANDERON 39

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Help in identifying this Wilhelm monopusher - LANDERON HAHN vs LANDERON 12 vs LANDERON 39

Hello

This is yet another beautiful time piece. To be identified project. Interesting facts:

Monopusher.
    Landeron. Wilhelm. No results searching this brand. It only appeared from time to time in auctions. Was it only a jeweler, retailer or a watchmaker ?
    The only Wilhelms i could came up with were all chronos and using only Landeron movements.
    I don't think that there is any connection with Wilhelm Hanhart.
    My first feeling was this is a LANDERON HAHN.
    It is definitely from the 30's or even earlier.

I also found during my searches that all BREITLING monopushers at the time had similar movements. Here are 2 exemples:

Breitling One Button Chronograph Aus 1927 Landeron 39 | eBay

Breitling One Button Chronograph Aus 1924 Landeron 39 | eBay

Here you can fine one a bit similar described as 12" Chrono:

Breitling Uhr Chronograph One Button Staybrite Aus 1933 | eBay

It gets even more interesting when you find out even VENUS used this movement.

Vintage RARE Venus Chronograph One Pusher Telemetre Tachymetre Scales EXC | eBay

with the same Telemetre dial, the same chrono register sub hands.

Interesting fact is that Breitling only used Landeron monopusher movements. Or at least in my searches i couldn't find others. The other chrono movements were either by Venus, Valjoux, thier own, etc. but none from Landeron. Any ideas why Breitling stopped using Landeron after the monopusher ?

Anyway, any help on identifying this Landeron and of course any info on Wilhelm is highly appreciated !!

Could this movement inspire the 13" or was the other way around ? Some say this is a Landeron 39 monopusher. But i personally doubt that.

Pictures with my watch/movement (identical with the one used in Venus similar with Breitling monopushers above):

Thank you
    PFD

Re: Help in identifying this Wilhelm monopusher - LANDERON HAHN vs LANDERON 12 vs LANDERON 39

not that I am Breitling expert but yours looks much more original movement than the example links you gave.What I know Breitling was not signing bridges until WW II. Those early Landerons are pain in the a... to identify, had a similar one with Landeron 32. Unidentified maker, even dial not signed and having a possibility of early Breitling also. But its a 12 lignes mono pusher, different category. Wish you luck with it, there are some Breitling guys around here, they will certainly have more useful input.

Exclamation Re: Help in identifying this Wilhelm monopusher - LANDERON HAHN vs LANDERON 12 vs LANDERON 39

Quote Originally Posted by zyk1on View Post
    not that I am Breitling expert but yours looks much more original movement than the example links you gave.What I know Breitling was not signing bridges until WW II. Those early Landerons are pain in the a... to identify, had a similar one with Landeron 32. Unidentified maker, even dial not signed and having a possibility of early Breitling also. But its a 12 lignes mono pusher, different category. Wish you luck with it, there are some Breitling guys around here, they will certainly have more useful input.
    Thank you for the appreciation.
    This movment goes along with Breitling monopusher history. Obviously, who's into Breitling and monopushers would definitely know more too.
    Although, i really like Breitling watches and collect them, i couldn't get yet a monopusher. Prices made me pass a few nice deals, although they are great re-sellers.

It would be interesting to have an opinion regarding the Venus using this early Landeron movement.

It is known as well that Landeron Hahn inspired Hanhart and other chronos.

I searched info in different languages but apparently there's no sign of a technical sheet about this movement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Help in identifying this Wilhelm monopusher - LANDERON HAHN vs LANDERON 12 vs LANDERON 39

hahaha, i just answered fully as Breitling sorry, just realized :)

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

All I can add is that it definitely looks like a Landeron from what I can see and that watches with "Venus" on the dial have nothing to do with the chronograph ebaucherie from Münster - they belong to the brand of Schwarz Etienne from La Chaux de Fonds. So it is not surprising to find chronograph movements other than those by Venus (Münster) inside them.

Hartmut Richter

Exclamation Re: Help in identifying this Wilhelm monopusher - LANDERON HAHN vs LANDERON 12 vs LANDERON 39

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    All I can add is that it definitely looks like a Landeron from what I can see and that watches with "Venus" on the dial have nothing to do with the chronograph ebaucherie from Münster - they belong to the brand of Schwarz Etienne from La Chaux de Fonds. So it is not surprising to find chronograph movements other than those by Venus (Münster) inside them.

Hartmut Richter
    Thank you Hartmut for the precise info.

Very interesting how the watchmakers were looking to register their trademarks or patents even in the 18th,19th century and especially in the 20th century, but in those early years they seem not to be bothered by 'copyrights'. I've seen similar names on different watches / pocket watches but i suspect those were not on a real purpose like today to create confusion, and get a share by using the other's more popular of course trademark name.

I wonder what their reaction would have been if by accident, 2 watchmakers would have found about each other as they run a businness under the same name, and for eg. one in Le Locle and the other one in La Chaux of Fonds.

PFD
    Last edited by rolexfantastic; December 4th, 2012 at 09:39.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

From what I heard, Rolex had to queue up to be granted rights to the name "Tudor"..... And that was in the early half of the twentieth century.

Hartmut Richter

Show your chronograph IDRANOB. Landeron 39 monopusher. 1920`s
    I think will be interesting.
    http://www.invenitetfecit.com/modele...breitling.html

Cronometre Wilhelm, Idranob, ...

Last edited by vicond; December 14th, 2012 at 21:50.

Quote Originally Posted by vicond View Post
    Show your chronograph IDRANOB. Landeron 39 monopusher. 1920`s
    I think will be interesting.
    Page Modèles

Cronometre Wilhelm, Idranob, ...

What made you consider yours is a Landeron 39 monopusher ?

Did u find answer? I also have Wilhelm and can't recognize cal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information