Help with Info on Villereuse with Monnin Movement

Thread: Help with Info on Villereuse with Monnin Movement

Help with Info on Villereuse with Monnin Movement

My grandmother, God rest her soul, recently passed away and I, as the "watch guy" in the family, received as part of her possessions a lady's Villereuse mechanical wristwatch. I know nothing about this brand and have seen very little here or on the Web about it.

It also has the smallest mechanical movement I've ever seen. It's photographed here on graph paper with 1/4" scale:

Now, what I read here is that "G. Monnin" was a French watch maker that was somehow affiliated with Heuer. That said, the movement is stamped "Swiss" and the dial reads "Swiss Made". Any help in identifying and dating this watch would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, watch runs fine and is keeping great time!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Help with Info on Villereuse with Monnin Movement

Not sure about the Villereuse-Monnin connection but the movement is actually an FHF (Fabrique d'Horlogerie Fontainemelon) Cal. 59 (or 59-21, if the beat rate is 3Hz):

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...uswk&FHF_59_21

This is indeed the slimmest movement serially made with all the parts on one level. The famous JLC Cal. 101 is even smaller and slimmer but uses two levels.

Hartmut Richter

Great info. Thanks! Knew I posted in the right spot.

Any additional info welcomed...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Further digging suggests the watch in question is from the 1950s. The Villereuse brand is somehow associated with an importer in New York. After that, I really don't have anything else. Any other details appreciated.

Also, any sense of value of such a watch? (Not going to sell as wife likes, however it would be good to know.)

Last note: thing is running like a top! It's been going for more than 24 hours on one wind and it's telling great time. No second hand, so tough to tell in small increments, but the minutes are still bang on! Amazing little movement.

Thread Information