Help and Info on Wakman Incabloc

Thread: Help and Info on Wakman Incabloc

Help and Info on Wakman Incabloc

I just inherited a Wakman Incabloc from my father. It is exactly like the one pictured here:

I have a few questions:
    First, I cant not seem to set the date other then just advancing the time to change days. I would have guessed that there should be two clicks on the wheel one for time and one for date but that does not seem to be the case. What is the proper way to set the date?

Second, what is the approximate value? I also inherited 2 vintage Omegas so I will be insuring those and wanted to know if it is worth insuring the Wakman. It is in perfect condition without a scratch on it.

Last, what is the best way to wind it? A few turns each day or wind it all the way every day? Or does it not matter.

Thanks

Re: Help and Info on Wakman Incabloc

The movement in this watch is likely a Valjoux 7734. This movement does not have a quick-set date. The date can be more quickly set by advancing the hands until the date changes and then turning the hands back to 8PM or so and then again advancing the hands til the date changes, and so on. The date will only advance.

On the question of value check the sticky note at the top of the post list. Valuations aren't given here for the reasons stated.

Regarding winding, this watch should be fully wound each day. Fully wound means turning the crown clockwise until it cannot be further wound. This should be done at the same time each day, preferably in the morning.

1. many watches do not have a crown set quick date method. However, going from 8:00 pm to 1:00 am and back again will work as a quick(er) set on most.

2. you should investigate the value of this one the same way as you're investigating the value of the Omegas you're insuring. Normally, you would insure for fast replacement value rather than sales value.

3. For winding, you might as well wind it all the way when you want it to keep time and don't wind it at all when you don't. Having it running all the time is generally considered worse on the watch than not having it running (more friction wear). Of course, watches are meant to run, so the difference will likely be unnoticeable even after several years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

missed being first by one minute.

Thread Information