HELP me indentify my DOXA watch

Thread: HELP me indentify my DOXA watch

HELP me indentify my DOXA watch

I know that in my family we have a vintage DOXA watch.
    We couldn't find it for many years and today my mom found it.
    I remember that my granfather told me that we have to take care of it because it's a vintage and expencive watch..
    I went to many forums and pages about Doxa watches but I can't find what kind of watch model is mine.
    I cleand it and the frame appears to be 925Silver. It have a clasp. In there is a crown and it says Doxa 0.800.
    1 cm down is engreaved another crown and on the left side of the crown is like a half moon.
    It has also a serial number and down it says "R".

Can someone please tell me what kind of watch is this? And how much is it worth?

I may be crazy but i'm affraid to take it to some modern watch center so they can look in it...

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: HELP me indentify my DOXA watch

Hi there,

crown and crescent moon is the German silver hallmark, and 0.800 the fineness, coin silver though. The dial style is typical for about 1910. Further informations are only possible with a movement photo.

Finally, we don't discus values here, for some good reasons (besides bothering questioners).

Regatds, Roland Ranfft
    Last edited by Roland Ranfft; April 10th, 2012 at 19:40.

Ok,so the watch is about 100 years old. I will check out about that German silver hallmark. I would like to put some pictures of movement,but i'm not able to open the watch by myself and and i'm affraid to take it to some modern watch center... No problem...i realize now i shouldn't ask about price. Either way i was just courious...it's my granfather's legacy so it has no price for me... I have a few nice watches but about Doxa watch i never heard so i would like to know what what is the "thing" i have. You've been very helpful,Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Look at the articles at the top of the forum and in the articles subforum. There is a wealth of information there including how to open your case.

The watch should be serviced if you intend to wind it. Otherwise it is grinding itself to death.

I am glad your Mom found it... I wish my Mom could find some of my Dad's watches.... oh well.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

There's a link in my signature,that leeds you to our Croatian watch collectors forum,so please feel free to join us over there,if you still didnt.I'll be glad to help you with your watch.There are couple watchmakers over there that are doing great job with vintage and pocket watches,so I'm sure that they will also help you.Liep pozdrav!
    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.portalsatova.com/forum/

Banned

It would be interesting to see the movement. Most Doxa PW had quite low grade movements.
    It does not matter, as it is your heritage.
    Please do not run it without a proper service of the movement.

Thread Information