Help with my first "big" vintage purchase! Longines watches...

Thread: Help with my first "big" vintage purchase! Longines watches...

Help with my first "big" vintage purchase! Longines watches...

Hey guys!

I'm a little new to the vintage watch scene, but it'd be nice to get my first "serious" vintage watch. I've been looking for watches for a long time now and I've narrowed it down to a few Longines watches that I really like. If I can get some help in choosing one, or getting one for the right price... I'd be really happy!

First up is a 30L movement Longines. It looks nice, the movement looks clean and pristine... and it looks like the big might end at a low price...
    Vintage Longines Men's 17J Wrist Watch Large Stainless Steel Case Near Mint | eBay

Next is a flagship with a second dial. Really nice looking dial, hands are a little worn, all in all clean though. I like this one a lot too, but the price seems a little high:
    Vintage 1950's Longines Flagship Big 36 mm Calibre 30L Like A New | eBay

Last is another flagship. It says it's been serviced, but the movement looks a little grungy... pretty dial nonetheless...
    RARE Vintage Longines Flagship Cal 30LS Grey Dial Steel Excellent Wristwatch | eBay

What do you guys think of these watches? Which one should I go for, and how much should I be spending?

Any input would be great...

Thanks!
    Patrick

Re: Help with my first "big" vintage purchase! Longines watches...

The dial on the first one looks very suspicious. The wings look like they may be missing some details that you normally see on applied logo. A redial?
    I like the Flagship (#2), but it seems to be way overpriced.

I agree... the dial on the first one looks really suspicious. but it's got a very tempting price... how much should I be offering for the second flagship?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The first one is clearly a refinished dial ..... the second one is way to high, at that price you may be able to find a solid gold longines..... the last one I'd stay clear from. The second one look like the hands have been replaced.
    Bond ... James Bond

I skipped out on the first one... I didn't like the redial!

I agree on the price of the second one... I offered a lower price, hoping the seller accepts!

The last one, stay clear from because of the condition it's in? I've always been wary of that one, the seller never provided much detailed information on the work he did on the watch. When I asked him what the "service" in the item description entailed, he kept on saying "service and crystal replacement".

Thanks for all the help, by the way!

Thread Information