HELP! Need ID and info on my vintage Vacheron Constantin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Codelen

Thread: HELP! Need ID and info on my vintage Vacheron Constantin

HELP! Need ID and info on my vintage Vacheron Constantin

Hello everyone! I inherited a VC from my father and I don't know anything about it. I tried to find out which mode it is or any other info, but haven't found anything in the end. Since the watch was worn by my grandfather and he got it during the 50's I assume it was manufactured in the late 40's or the early 50's. I found various vintage VCs and saw a few similar to mine, but not one was exactly like it. I also notices the logo "Vacheron & Constantin" while, as I noticed VCs of today carry the "Vacheron Constantin" logo without the "&". Don't know if they changed it at some point or something else. I saw plenty of vintage VCs with the same logo.

Here are some pics:

Name:  P1040644_resize.JPG
Views: 543
Size:  108.8 KBName:  P1040640_resize.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  125.1 KBName:  P1040642_resize.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  107.0 KBName:  P1040643_resize.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  124.0 KBName:  P1040645_resize.JPG
Views: 286
Size:  105.8 KB

(Sorry about the picture quality)

I'm new here, still learning about watches and don't know much about them. The watch is broken, as you can see the crown is missing so it's impossible to wind it. It's not in very good shape, needs some work, but I love it. :)

Anyway, I would appreciate any help, any info on my precious little watch :). Thanks!
    radger likes this.

Re: HELP! Need ID and info on my vintage Vacheron Constantin

Poor photos, no measurements and no movement pics usually mean you won't get a reliable answer. I can tell you that your guess is probably right that the piece is early 1950s. The oversized claw lugs were a V&C favorite during the period and shared by many of their models. The dial is a reprint that has aged badly but the case looks good. FWIW, the company was founded in 1755 as Jean-Marc Vacheron and has continued in operation until today under a few different variations of the founder's name. They settled on Vacheron & Constantin in 1819 and changed to Vacheron Constantin in 1974.
    Tick Talk says, "A watch in the hand is worth two on the wrist"

I know that movement pics would probably give some more answers, but I really wouldn't dare opening that watch myself since I've never done that before.

Anyway, thanks for the info, you've been more than helpful. Hope I'll hear from some more VC experts. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't know much about it but I really like the overall appearance, and know the brand is well respected. Get it to a good watchmaker and enjoy.

Thread Information