HELP: need more info on this Omega De Ville

Thread: HELP: need more info on this Omega De Ville

HELP: need more info on this Omega De Ville

Just picked up this De Ville from a fellow member. I am guessing it is from 1972 simply because of engraving on the back. The watch was given to a person in 1972. No other markings from Omega is present. The watch is 14KGF. and it has been authenticated to be genuine Omega. now, I do not know what the movement is in this. can someone direct me to the right place regarding this piece? btw, the movement still keeps excellent time. less than +5 / day.

I'd like to know before it heads to watch maker in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by marzen; September 11th, 2012 at 22:19.

Re: HELP: need more info on this Omega De Ville

With just a dial pic we have little to go on,... caseback, inside caseback, and movement pics are much more informative.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I was afraid that would be the answer. I guess I will have to wait till the watch gets serviced by a watchmaker. Thanks Eeeb

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, the dial does at least indicate mid 20th century or later....
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

if it was given in 1972 it probably has a 565 or 563(a quick check to verify this is can you change the date by pulling the stem out). I don't think that the omega seamaster deville had the 1010/1012 movements (normal quick set date by turning the crown) in them and it would have to be really old stock to have a 560 or 562(no quick set date) in it.

Kungfucowboy, you are correct. It is between 565 and 563. It changes date as you pull the crown stem out. pretty neat. I just had a local watchmaker look at the watch. He sees no moistures or discoloration on the dial. Said it is in a good condition overall then He proceeds to quote me $450 for a complete service. I am almost tempted to send the watch to Omega USA for service. What do you think?

I advise you to send it to Al Archer of Archer watches who does very good job and who is a member of the forum.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Thread Information