Help orthenticate BREGUET & Omega pocket watches

Thread: Help orthenticate BREGUET & Omega pocket watches

Help orthenticate BREGUET & Omega pocket watches

Help authenticate BREGUET & Omega pocket watches

Working my way through passed down collection of pocket watches doing ok with English & American but stumbling with these two .
    BREGUET measures 32mm gold & silver case 5020 +as yet unidentified hallmark BREGUET name on movement but no s/no.
    The Omega marked case 3055603 14U markings 45mm also has no s/no or make on face or movement but runs really well in spite of obvious tampering/repairs .having only a blued finish to the case is it likely two be services watch

Thanks for any suggestions
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Help orthenticate BREGUET & Omega pocket watches

Welcome to Watchuseek. The first watch is almost certainly not a Breguet - it has a "spirale Breguet", i.e. a balance spring with Breguet overcoil but this is quite different to the whole watch being made by Breguet. The second is probably an Omega - the case back and movement fit - but it seems to be an early specimen (no Omega on the dial or movement, no serial number).

Hartmut Richter

The Omega is a low grade 7 Jewels movement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The red 12 is a bit odd; normally, you only see that on early 20th century wristlets or sidewinders (the goal was to help the owner quickly determine where the 12 was, since most people were used to automatically assuming that the crown was at 12 on an open faced watch). I'm not 100% sure that the movement is native to the case; the "breguet" part references a type of hairspring with an overcoil. Based on the location of the regulator pins relative to the hairpspring stud, I'm not sure this movement has one. I also tend to associate "leveés visibles" with finger bridges, but I may be wrong there. What's the symbol I see to the right of the balance wheel on the pillar plate?
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Hi thanks for your responses,
    AbslomRob the symbol I think Your referring to is around a Swiss cross brevet 45665

Interesting patent: Espacenet - Original document

If I understand it correctly, it describes a method of adjusting the position of the gears in a 3/4 plate movement. It was filed by E. Blancpain Fils in Villeret, Switzerland in late 1908, which fits up with the style of the dial and case. Can't tell you if that's the same Blancpain's as the watch company, but the city matches up.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Thanks for responding all good info ,doubt that I've been passed down a fortune then ! pot luck on Ebay then.Regards

Thread Information