Help please. Is this a real Patek Philippe pocket watch.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Roland Ranfft
  • 1 Post By mkws

Thread: Help please. Is this a real Patek Philippe pocket watch.

Help please. Is this a real Patek Philippe pocket watch.

Hi,

I have this watch but never was sure if it's real. It is signed patek & cie on the back plate. But it has no signature on the movement or dial? Is this a fake? By which company is this watch made? Any help is welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help please. Is this a real Patek Philippe pocket watch.

Is it a Patek? I don't think so. "Patek & Co.?" I've yet to see a genuine PP signed in this manner. Presumably someone added that engraving later on, because I seriously doubt that this watch was originally meant as any sort of imitation. The movement is a high-grade one, presumably by LeCoultre, featuring a complete calendar and a minute repeater.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Hi there,

it is a real Patek & Co, but neither a Patek & Cie nor a Patek Philippe & Cie. Due to the differing name it is actually no real fake, but nevertheless it was made to deceive innocent customers. For further informations read here:
    bidfun-db Archive: Pocket Watches, Jewelry Watches: 1031: Gents Pateck Genève hunter, pink gold 14K, ca. 1890

Regards. Roland Ranfft
    Tony C., Tick Talk and DragonDan like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mkws View Post
    Is it a Patek? I don't think so. "Patek & Co.?" I've yet to see a genuine PP signed in this manner. Presumably someone added that engraving later on, because I seriously doubt that this watch was originally meant as any sort of imitation. The movement is a high-grade one, presumably by LeCoultre, featuring a complete calendar and a minute repeater.
    ow what a good point you got there. I didn't even noticed this. I guess it means that it isn't a PP watch. Not so sure if it is by Jaeger Lecoultre because they started to sign with Jaeger in a later period, before this they signed with only LeCoultre I believe? But I do agree on the high grade movement.

Hmm.. I was planning to offer at some point for sale. What is something like this worth? I wouldn't have a clue. Or do we not discuss value on this forum? Maybe a link to similar would help?

Valuations aren't allowed but if you look up calendar moonphase repeater pocket watches in the sold section of auction sites you can get a pretty good idea. It's a beautiful watch in a nice case, there should be a home for it somewhere.

It is a beautiful watch, check some auction sites on what they're worth, from what i understand they are just calendars not perpetual calendars

Quote Originally Posted by benbenny007 View Post
    ow what a good point you got there. I didn't even noticed this. I guess it means that it isn't a PP watch. Not so sure if it is by Jaeger Lecoultre because they started to sign with Jaeger in a later period, before this they signed with only LeCoultre I believe? But I do agree on the high grade movement.
    As you may have noticed, I said "presumably by LeCoultre", not "Jaeger-LeCoultre." LeCoultre, way before it became Jaeger-LeCoultre, has been a large supplier of generic movements, ranging from time-only to grand complications.
    busmatt likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thread Information