Help with replacing hands?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Roland Ranfft

Thread: Help with replacing hands?

Hi all, I have a converted pocketwatch with a komandirskie dial. I don't know what make or caliber the watch is, only that it says ЗАКАЗ МО СССР at 6 o'clock, and has the Komandirskie script and the red star at 12 o'clock. I think someone told me that it isn't a real Komandirskie, it is after all a pocketwatch with lugs soldered on to it, but I like the look. I've attached pictures of the watch. Does anyone have any idea what size hands I'd need to put on the watch? The old hands are bent, and so flimsy that when I bend them back into shape, they quickly deform again. I love the watch, I just hate seeing the hands get caught on one another. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Since my phone didn't let me attach a picture the first time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help with replacing hands?

Hi there,

it's a shame that these Ukrainian idiots even destroy historically important watches. The movement is the first calibre ever produced in the USSR. They bought the complete Hampden factory and even hired the personal to start an own watch industry. Accordingly the movement is a simpliied version of this Hampden calibre:
    bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Hampden Wm.McKinley

Now regarding the hands: Simply take anything you like. There are no hands which are "right" for this watch.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    busmatt and kazrich like this.

Thread Information