Help requested with further identifying Freco watch
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CamM77

Thread: Help requested with further identifying Freco watch

Help requested with further identifying Freco watch

I'm trying to find out whatever I can about my great grandmother's beautiful Freco watch. Despite plenty of Googling, I'm not having too much luck so I'm hoping the experts on site can possibly assist please?

I'm estimating that the watch is about 100 years old, but this is a very rough estimate based on how many years I think my great grandmother owned the watch. The watch face is hand-painted with a textured surface and contains no writing. The hands are blue/black but I have no idea whether or not they are original. The watch case itself is 9ct rose gold and similar to the watch face, the watch backing has no markings or etchings on the exterior facing side. Opening the hinged watch backing, the interior facing side is very clearly marked with "4057 FRECO 9CT". Looking at the movement, it is clearly marked "FRECO PRECISION", "TIMED AT SIX POSITIONS", "15 JEWELS SWISS MADE". Unfortunately, this is as much info as I can offer. Hopefully the pictures below offer better insights. I can supply larger / higher res pics if required.

Thanks in advance for any info you can offer.

Cheers,
    Cam

todtracy and busmatt like this.

Re: Help requested with further identifying Freco watch

Chaos is my focus

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Re: Help requested with further identifying Freco watch

The dial is very nicely preserved. Overall style of this telephone dial would suggest late twenties to early thirties to me.

Thread Information