Help With Vintage Omega Admiralty? Geneve Automatic.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Manoli

Thread: Help With Vintage Omega Admiralty? Geneve Automatic.

Help With Vintage Omega Admiralty? Geneve Automatic.

Hi ,
    Just trying to find some information about this omega Geneve.
    Possibly being part of the Admiralty.
    I can't find anything on it and just wondering if it is even a real model.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

busmatt and Litos like this.

Re: Help With Vintage Omega Admiralty? Geneve Automatic.

The anchor symbol would make it an Amiraute (Admiralty) indeed. There is one Amiraute with date listed in the Omega database, and that would be the ST 166.0038, with calibre 565. It was introduced in 1968, but the Omega logo on your watch is a 1970s one. I don't know when the Admiralty was discontinued, though. The case, with an integrated bracelet, looks correct.
    OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database
    Without a photo in the database, I am not able to compare your watch to anything.
    Don't take this short analysis for a "this watch is all original". I'm far from saying that, since if I do not know the number on the inner side of the caseback, then any guessing is irrelevant. And I only can guess that it is the model indicated by the ref.no. that I have mentioned. Hands were relumed, and the orange paint on the minutes and seconds hands looks suspicious.
    And, as always in case of automatic Omega watches, there always can be a frankenized movement inside.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thank you for the information @mkws , I think you might be right about it being a frankenstein.
    I'll continue the research and hopefully find some more.
    Thanks again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Manoli View Post
    Thank you for the information @mkws , I think you might be right about it being a frankenstein.
    I'll continue the research and hopefully find some more.
    Thanks again.
    I said I don't have enough information to determine that- so I left that without a conclusion. Without looking inside the watch (caseback and movement) there's really little to say. Vintage Omegas with automatic movements are frankenized frequently, and that's why I said that the outside of the watch alone doesn't help much in authenticating it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

OK, so I made a small mistake. It is not an integrated bracelet. That case type is not for an Admiralty model, but for a typical Geneve, I think, and I think so based on that:
    OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database
    Which, as you can see, is not an Admiralty.
    Of course, the caseback might have a few reference numbers engraved, indicating the models that a particular case type has been used for. But since I don't have that, there's nothing more I can find.
    Edgar Allan Poe

George Orwell

Erich Maria Remarque

Thread Information