Help with "vintage Rolex"

Thread: Help with "vintage Rolex"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with "vintage Rolex"

Hi,
    I'm kind of new to the forum, the more I read, the more I got interested in watches. I have a few watches on my drawer that I dont even look at anymore, but since I joined WUS all I wanted was to come home to start "playing" with them. Long story short, my brother game me a few years ago and old Rolex which I didnt like because it looked so old, so I threw it in my drawer until yesterday. Its a Rolex Oysterdate, the thing is that I got excited because i got a Vintage Rolex, but then I started to do my research....what if its a fake?
    All the Oysterdates I've seen says Precision on the dial, mine doesnt :( . The watch is working like a charm, but I dont know what to do now. I even though taking it to an AD, which belongs to a good friend to open it and find out if I got a real vintage or a junk to throw away. I will post some pictures later on.

Banned

Re: Help with "vintage Rolex"

Quote Originally Posted by LJ_Santos View Post
    I will post some pictures later on.
    That's the most important sentence in your post. Actually, that's the ONLY important sentence in your post. Can't help with potential authenticity without seeing the watch.

Banned

Some Fakes are very well made. We will also need to see a pic of the movement.
    That will also help in dating the watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Alright guys, here are the pictures. I couldnt take any of the movement because I dont have an opener.
    As you can see, on the sides it says "registered design" and the other says "stainless steel"

What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

I'm not a Rolex expert, but that looks real to me. It's probably a manual wind version from the late 60's or 70's. To be sure we need to see the movement, but things look good so far.

pej

Agreed. there are several indicators that this is genuine. The writing on the dial looks correct.
    Most fake rolexes have a magnifying glass that only magnifies 1.5 times or so. Yours does a full job.

Posting a pic of the movement is the only way to be sure, but as ulackfocus said, looks good so far.

Another "real" vote

We can only guess what's inside, but it certainly has the look of a genuine Rolex.

Banned

Re: Another "real" vote

And please note that it will need a service, so do not wind it up!
    It could be an idea to take it to a watchmaker, ask him to remove the caseback, and then take some pics. Ask him to wait with the servicing untill the experts here have declared it legit.

Of course, the W-maker should be able to tell you if it is genuine!

You can post the pictures over the dedicated Rolex forum ( rolexforums.com ), they have some serious gurus over there..!

I'm really excited thinking its a real one. On monday I will take it to the Rolex AD and when I find out whats inside I'll keep you guys posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information