Help on WW2 Tudor
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Help on WW2 Tudor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help on WW2 Tudor

Hi all,

I came across this watch and wanted to ask for your opinions on it. I can’t find reference for this watch anywhere, and have never come across any model that said “dustproof”

Here are some pictures. Name:  IMG_6568.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  368.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_6569.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  344.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6574.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  124.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_6575.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  137.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_6576.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  79.0 KB

It also says “17 Rubies” on movement. Seller claims cal 59

Crown does not seem to be original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on instagram @1mrsla

Re: Help on WW2 Tudor

Redial? Old redial? Paint is creeping up the sides of the markers.
    mrs_LA likes this.

Name:  IMG_6577.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  163.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6579.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  154.6 KB

Some more pictures. Really interested in picking this up. Size is a good 28mm case

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Depending on price I would avoid it. Having looked at it more, I believe the dial is a refinish which will hit the value of it big time. The case is a non oyster case with a non oyster crown. Which is one of the big things with getting a Tudor. Now....if you just like the watch in general and want to buy only because you like it....go for it. No one has the right to tell you not to buy something you like and if you buy it knowing these things....you cant feel like you got a fast one pulled on you.
    busmatt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    Depending on price I would avoid it. Having looked at it more, I believe the dial is a refinish which will hit the value of it big time. The case is a non oyster case with a non oyster crown. Which is one of the big things with getting a Tudor. Now....if you just like the watch in general and want to buy only because you like it....go for it. No one has the right to tell you not to buy something you like and if you buy it knowing these things....you cant feel like you got a fast one pulled on you.
    It is currently priced at about $400. I have just newly ventured into vintage watches, so your opinion is greatly appreciated. I’m initially drawn to the uniqueness, the size and cal 59, which was also from my understanding the same cal Rolex used in its watches in the same era. I didn’t want to purchase it without knowing some things that I’m not aware of, such as those that you just pointed out, and I’m glad to have asked in the forum, and more glad to have received a genuine response. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_LA View Post
    It is currently priced at about $400. I have just newly ventured into vintage watches, so your opinion is greatly appreciated. I’m initially drawn to the uniqueness, the size and cal 59, which was also from my understanding the same cal Rolex used in its watches in the same era. I didn’t want to purchase it without knowing some things that I’m not aware of, such as those that you just pointed out, and I’m glad to have asked in the forum, and more glad to have received a genuine response. Thank you!

The size of that one would be similar to the standard size you would find pre 50's. Most Tudor Oyster will be the same size (mid-size) and work well for guys and ladies. The cal 59 is actually an FHF 30 or in this case a FHF 30-1 because of the central seconds. The 59 was used as far back as the early 30's I think and well into the 50's.

A picture of the inside and outside of the case back would be a big help.

We all give genuine advice here. :)

***Oh and Tudor in an Oyster case can be had in that price range with an original dial. Add a bit to that $400 and you could get something all original with an Oyster case.
    busmatt likes this.

Kind of an example. Not a mid size but still. Original dial and hands. Oyster case. 59 movement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (36).jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	13075797

It is almost double the price but it is a negotiable one so you could get the price down. That is on a full size 34mm where the mid size usually sell for less than that.
    busmatt and mrs_LA like this.

If you are ok with watches that are 30mm or smaller (and these are fine for women), you can get really fantastic collector-quality high-end examples for very low prices, since nobody wants them. There's no need to jump on a redialed Tudor in mediocre condition (overpolished case with a repair to a lug, replacement hands).
    busmatt, mrs_LA and esdy_11192 like this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

The size of that one would be similar to the standard size you would find pre 50's. Most Tudor Oyster will be the same size (mid-size) and work well for guys and ladies. The cal 59 is actually an FHF 30 or in this case a FHF 30-1 because of the central seconds. The 59 was used as far back as the early 30's I think and well into the 50's.

A picture of the inside and outside of the case back would be a big help.

We all give genuine advice here. :)

***Oh and Tudor in an Oyster case can be had in that price range with an original dial. Add a bit to that $400 and you could get something all original with an Oyster case.
    Kind of an example. Not a mid size but still. Original dial and hands. Oyster case. 59 movement.

It is almost double the price but it is a negotiable one so you could get the price down. That is on a full size 34mm where the mid size usually sell for less than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    If you are ok with watches that are 30mm or smaller (and these are fine for women), you can get really fantastic collector-quality high-end examples for very low prices, since nobody wants them. There's no need to jump on a redialed Tudor in mediocre condition (overpolished case with a repair to a lug, replacement hands).
    Thank you gentlemen, so much more to be learned for me. You all have been of great help. Definitely shouldn't jump on the deal, some things can just be left with fascination - such as the watch I posted. Back to more research!
    thoth and busmatt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_LA View Post
    Thank you gentlemen, so much more to be learned for me. You all have been of great help. Definitely shouldn't jump on the deal, some things can just be left with fascination - such as the watch I posted. Back to more research!

Keep posting what you find as you look around. We are always interested in looking at more watches and digging into the details.
    mrs_LA, bsshog40 and busmatt like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information