Heno Pocket Watch

Thread: Heno Pocket Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heno Pocket Watch

I have a Heno pocket watch and I can't seem to find any information on it so anything will be appreciated.I have some photo's I am embeding but they are not that clear. The dial face looks like porcelain with the word HENO at top center. There are two men with two cows between them. The hours are roman numeral. The hands and second hand are gold and the minute inlays are gold. Not sure if they are real gold though.

Name:  face.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  43.6 KB
    The back is engraved with a milk maid and two cows in a barn. Just below her feet is engraved DEP MUGUENIN.

Attachment 889732
    It has a door for a picture to be displayed. This door as well as the works door have machine turning done on them.

Attachment 889735
    Attachment 889737

It is 17 jewel movement. On the inside of the works these are stamped in different places: SWISS, EK, 6431, 6445.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Heno Pocket Watch

(1) Moved to the more suitable forum.
    (2) Duplicate post on Public deleted.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Some of your pics did not display. A clear pic of the movement would help a lot. Dials and cases are not as well documented as movements so movements are the main way we can date, et.al. these watches.

It looks like a great dial, but the pic is too fuzzy to enjoy it
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Almost certainly a modern pocket watch, although it at least has a pocket watch movement (some lack the subseconds and have tiny ladies' form movements in a large case). I would bet on an Unitas 6497:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Unitas 6497

Hartmut Richter

I will upload some pictures that are similar but from a different manufacturer.

Name:  face 2.JPG
Views: 1955
Size:  334.2 KB Mine says HENO not ARNEX.
    Name:  back2.JPG
Views: 1632
Size:  568.0 KBName:  picture door.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  50.4 KBName:  the works.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  47.7 KB

Hartmut is right. The presence of Incabloc indicates a modern movement. The bridging is different from the cited Unitas but it may just be a variant.

You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

The numbers on the back is 6431 and 6445. I also found this on another site. Interlaken, Schweiz; registriert am 15.8.1950

Quote Originally Posted by hanable View Post
    The numbers on the back is 6431 and 6445. I also found this on another site. Interlaken, Schweiz; registriert am 15.8.1950
    The caseback numbers are model indications that are generally useless for dating watches... even for most of the well documented brands. Your registration means the company started using that name in 1950.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

No, that one is not an Unitas but an ETA pocket watch movement (Cal. 953 or similar):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: ETA 953

Hartmut Richter

I need to say that all the numbers and references are like Greek to me. I have never done anything like this before. But I am finding out a bit of it. I still have a long way to go. I found this link Index of /images/d and when I went to Index of/images/d then dd/ then Heno_Wortmarke.jpg I am not sure what the Heno means. The go back to Parent directory then to Index of /images/0/04 then Incabloc_Modell_demontiert.jpg That is the one that is in my watch. Plus there are a lot of interesting images in there. I also found this site Ebauches SA When you go to this page and go down to the 8th place you see a U with a T in it, that is what is on my watch. It says this, As of 1939, the so-called Ebauches SA - introduced shield. Inside it were the initials of the manufacturer. I am not sure what any of this means but I will keep digging until I know what I have in my hand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information