henry sandoz and ogival

Thread: henry sandoz and ogival

henry sandoz and ogival

hi..just wanna ask a quick and dirty question..does ogival and henry sandoz have something to do with each other...i mean in terms of cooperation, parts supply etc...thanks for any info r comment..

Re: henry sandoz and ogival

Quote Originally Posted by brokeone! View Post
    hi..just wanna ask a quick and dirty question..does ogival and henry sandoz have something to do with each other...i mean in terms of cooperation, parts supply etc...thanks for any info r comment..
    to be more precise, yesterday i have bought an ogival with 1220/1221 movement, then, when i was on my way home, i peeled off the price tag sticker on the back of the dial and it appears that it is marked with henry sandoz logo, i immediateldy suspect that it was a franken, and of course another dissappointment, i dont consider of getting my money back as as some of us know that there many dishonest sellers out there and they are able to come with various excuses and reasons to avoid giving back the money to the people who have bought their junk disguised as the real thing
    however, when i was home and taking a closer look at the watch, everything seems to be fit, unlike many franken that came to my hand over the years...the only peculiar thing about the thing is that on the dial it says ogival 17 jewels and on the caseback it has a henry sandoz logo with other usual inscription such as waterproof, supershockproof etc..i would like to know whteher my watch is an outright franken so that i should not service it or it turn out to be something more, which at some point in history ogival was associated with sandoz..thanks in advance for anyone who knows out there...

Re: henry sandoz and ogival

Quote Originally Posted by brokeone! View Post
    to be more precise, yesterday i have bought an ogival with 1220/1221 movement, then, when i was on my way home, i peeled off the price tag sticker on the back of the dial and it appears that it is marked with henry sandoz logo, i immediateldy suspect that it was a franken, and of course another dissappointment, i dont consider of getting my money back as as some of us know that there many dishonest sellers out there and they are able to come with various excuses and reasons to avoid giving back the money to the people who have bought their junk disguised as the real thing
    however, when i was home and taking a closer look at the watch, everything seems to be fit, unlike many franken that came to my hand over the years...the only peculiar thing about the thing is that on the dial it says ogival 17 jewels and on the caseback it has a henry sandoz logo with other usual inscription such as waterproof, supershockproof etc..i would like to know whteher my watch is an outright franken so that i should not service it or it turn out to be something more, which at some point in history ogival was associated with sandoz..thanks in advance for anyone who knows out there...
    Please post several good pictures. Also, when you are typing please use capital letters and periods to set off sentences. Fancy stuff like commas and apostrophes aren't needed, but the basics make reading what you wrote a whole lot easier.

Thread Information