Heuer-Leonidas chronograph

Thread: Heuer-Leonidas chronograph

pej

Heuer-Leonidas chronograph

Just got this cool chrono in the mail. I got a little worried now I opened the package.

The dial looks MINT as in M-I-N-T. I'm wondering if it might be a redial.
    The subdials look great so if it's a redial it must be a pretty dang good one.
    I dont know anything about Heuer-Leonidas watches, so I can't tell.

Also the case isn't marked (the back is) so the case material isn't known. I guess it's gold filled but maybe someone here knows a way to tell.

Inside is a Landeron 248 signed Heuer Leonidas. The mainspring is broken and I have to replace that. Other than that it's all functioning. Any ideas where I can still find parts?

Thanks in advance!
    Tim

Re: Heuer-Leonidas chronograph

Hi there,

Looks very nice... where did the watch come from?

I had the same problem with a 248 landeron movement... I bought a complete working movement off Ebay for under £40... but took a while to find the right one!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

pej

Quote Originally Posted by Sparcster View Post
    Hi there,

Looks very nice... where did the watch come from?

I had the same problem with a 248 landeron movement... I bought a complete working movement off Ebay for under £40... but took a while to find the right one!
    It's from Germany. Got it really cheap and that's why I'm being suspicious ;)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pej View Post
    It's from Germany. Got it really cheap and that's why I'm being suspicious ;)
    I can understand that!

From the pics.. I am also a bit suspicious!

The things that worry me slightly... Some of the screws look worn.. sometimes the signs of a tinkerer! One of the screws is also missing (case screw).

Friday, I had a Landeron 148 watch turn up.. needs some work, so I have been searching the bay for parts... I have seen a few 'NOS' dials and the signed bridge bits (unsure what its called!) that hold the chrono wheels...

That said, Im always suspicious! Like I said before.. looks like a nice watch!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Thread Information