Heuer trackmaster stopwatch, what can you tell me?

Thread: Heuer trackmaster stopwatch, what can you tell me?

Heuer trackmaster stopwatch, what can you tell me?

reaching out to see if someone can help me establish a value on this or just give me some information, as of now it just sits in my safe. I picked it up on a trade and would like to trade or sell it, but i would like to know alittle from someone more knowledgable about these vintage heuer stop watches

on to the pics, the watch is in great shape, nearly new , with the box and owners manual, anything yall could tell me would be greatly appreciated

Re: Heuer trackmaster stopwatch, what can you tell me?

Hi there...

Not up to date with pocket watches... there are a few for sale on a well loved auction site! which could give you an idea of value. most seem to be dated to the late 60s to 70s! That said, I would not be surprised if yours was a bit later... just from the condition and style!

I say this, as looking at this one:

Vintage Heuer Trackmaster Swiss Stopwatch & Box WORKS! | eBay UK

with an earlier ref 8032... I would say, yours is a later model!

Sorry I could not be more help...
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Quote Originally Posted by Sparcster View Post
    Hi there...

Not up to date with pocket watches... there are a few for sale on a well loved auction site! which could give you an idea of value. most seem to be dated to the late 60s to 70s! That said, I would not be surprised if yours was a bit later... just from the condition and style!

I say this, as looking at this one:

Vintage Heuer Trackmaster Swiss Stopwatch & Box WORKS! | eBay UK

with an earlier ref 8032... I would say, yours is a later model!

Sorry I could not be more help...
    The four digit reference numbers are actually model numbers. The dials are different on these models.

Heuer mechanical stopwatches, with one notable exception, were no longer emphasized after the early 80's. Heuer pioneered electronic LCD based stopwatches and pushed them. But the eBay listed stopwatch is in a 1987 TAGHeuer catalog. Judging from the condition and boxes and "Heuer" name, I would guess the early '80s for this one.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    The four digit reference numbers are actually model numbers. The dials are different on these models.

Heuer mechanical stopwatches, with one notable exception, were no longer emphasized after the early 80's. Heuer pioneered electronic LCD based stopwatches and pushed them. But the eBay listed stopwatch is in a 1987 TAGHeuer catalog. Judging from the condition and boxes and "Heuer" name, I would guess the early '80s for this one.
    Nice trackmaster.

Any Heuer stopwatch is good.

During the 70's Heuer sold many economy stopwatches like Trackmaster and Trackstar. These usually have a simpler movement. Pinlever movements can be very accurate and durable and are much cheaper to produce. Still they are very reliable (regulation tolerance +- 1,5 sec. per hour). So this is actually a sporty economy model, to be distinguished from the 'professional' stopwatches for industry and science etc. which have precision anchor movements (caliber 7700 series with high frequency 36000 bph, with a regulation tolerance of 0,5 seconds per hour). In the long run these are better, as they can be serviced, where-as a pinlever movement is rather meant as a disposable item, no serious watchmaker likes to service those.

Yours is in a new condition, which of course makes it exceptional by itself.

The Trackmaster was launched ca. 1969, and sold well in the '70s, they were still selling them in the eighties.

You can see your model with reference 8037 (but different colors in the subdial) in the 1978-79 catalog on p. 34 (see on the dash . com). Pinlever movement in a sturdy metal chrome case.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...