Horse and barn door might spring to mind

Thread: Horse and barn door might spring to mind

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Horse and barn door might spring to mind

First of all hello to all as this is my first post and if this question is in wrong place please move :)I've have always ....well over last 10yrs or so wanted a vintage Omega some thing plain and of good quality (and I could afford)so I took the Ebay plunge its not even arrived yet but stating to kick myself for not reading more up on here first ! I was hoping to get some opinions on originality what its called if in fact it has a name and not just watch:)any help would be much appreciated.

I hope its good news and not a pig in a poke many thanks in advance.

Re: Horse and barn door might spring to mind

Hi there and welcome....

I found this interesting thread that may be of interest:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ple...ga-484257.html

Note:

On the inside of the caseback is an arrow with a J in the middle - this is the symbol for the Jonell watch case company. They're a US case maker for Norman Morris, Omega's American agent back then.

So the style of case and movement look like they could be a match...

From the pics, the dial looks to have some age... so may be original? the hands look a little short to me....

Roland has a reference for the 302 cal movement - which has a similar serial number, so should also date to C1953.

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Omega 302

Generally looks ok to me... but will be interested to see what others think!

Marc
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Many thanks with the fast reply it will be coming from the USA so that coincides with what your saying thanks Mark;) now that's a sweet loving wife or been very naughty indeed lol I jest of course .Again Mark thanks mate .
    Shuggy

Its from the same chap! not knowing who's good ,bad ,and all in between I thought I'd ask here .....after the purchase of course you know the sensible thing to do .

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy View Post
    Many thanks with the fast reply
    Thats ok,

Like I say, will be interesting to see what others think!

If I had to be critical, I would have concerns over the dial and hands! Not to say the dial has been refinished... but it may have been in the past, which we see a lot! Other 'omega' experts, may be able to provide more info! If it was refinished... i would say it was done well.

Like I say above, the hands look short and would suggest these have been replaced.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Looks a nice omega to me, and also plenty of service marks inside so its been looked after.

Mark as for the hands after looking at so many omegas I would agree they look new and proportion not 100% ,in fairness to the chap he states he may fix and replace but with other omega parts on his watches I don't think I've been burned on this one (just by luck)but I'll let you all know when it turns up :)

Always great to hear! thanks Joe.

Banned

Strange they used a movement made for a square case in a round case? Omega never did that?
    Wonder why the US importer did that! Cheaper movement? Low supply of round movements?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information