How does this look, any thoughts?

Thread: How does this look, any thoughts?

How does this look, any thoughts?

I've been trying to find a suitable strap for my dad's old Tudor. I guess lizard or croc would be the traditional choice for a watch of this type? I tried this ostrich and i think it looks ok.

The case was originally gp but has been polished back to ss, but there is still gold colour in the dial & hands and gold chapter ring. I thought the strap colour kinda picks up on that. What do you think, any other suggestions?

Banned

Re: How does this look, any thoughts?

Sharp looking! The strap color brings out the gold in the hands. Really brightens the dial. Good choice

K Gordon

Hi -

+1 as well. The ostrich is elegant and matches the watch well. The only real alternative I would consider would be a dark, lustrous brown horsehide band or dark brown crocodile.

In any case, a very nice complement. Ever consider having the GP redone? I did that recently for a vintage Stowa for my daughter, and while it is not inexpensive, it was done very nicely indeed by my local watchmaker (family business, the father is a goldsmith and did a heavy thickness replating himself). Could be a nice touch...

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Couldn't tell that the case was refinished. I see that on a brown or chestnut brown Hadley Roma alligator, crocodile, or lizard strap with a deployment buckle~Cheers!

Thanks for the comments. I had some restoration work done on it recently and decided not to re-plate it mainly because i prefer wearing s/s, and difficult finding someone proficient and reliable to do it.

I do like the ostrich and i just found an OEM buckle on fleabay for it!

What the heck, might start looking for a lizard or croc as well The drilled lugs make strap changing a breeze.
    Cheers.

Thread Information