WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

how to improve an old pocket watch movement ? :) ...

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  werk24.pl 
#1 ·
This is where we start:

old french LIP movement

and after tuning, added micro regulateur, blued screws, oxidated wheels, new pearl pattern made on bridges, new stainless steel case and crown :

See less See more
#16 ·
As long as these are "orphaned" movements being revived as wristwatches, let me join the rest in the applause. Personally, a watch sized 49mm is one of really the last things I would consider wearing, in the era of absolutely massive pieces like the Omega Aqua Terra XXL, it's nothing strange though. If not for the size (though for a typical 18''' PW movement a smaller case just isn't possible to construct), I would say "that's a beauty!"

Reactions: busmatt
#18 ·
Werk24.pl,

Let me join our fellow correspondents to gives you a big thumbs up for your work!

For the first LIP movement, I do appreciate the increased utility for adding swan neck for the regulator, but as it sits on top of the existing A/R markings which looks a little awkward to my eyes, but that's a very small issue.

I also understand that many Molnija conversions use the 3603 rather than the overwhelmingly more common 3602, but you use the 3602 nonetheless. It makes me wonder if your facilities can at least put an Incabloc on the balance?

#20 ·
Werk24.pl,

I also understand that many Molnija conversions use the 3603 rather than the overwhelmingly more common 3602, but you use the 3602 nonetheless. It makes me wonder if your facilities can at least put an Incabloc on the balance?
I used to train on molnijas when I started my own plating plant. Those movements are quite cheap here in Poland and have reasonable quality. The biggest problem about the plating movement is to place the same thickness of new surface, otherwise all jewels of the movement need to be regulated or watch will not work correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.