Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By journeyforce
  • 2 Post By bsshog40
  • 2 Post By Dan S
  • 3 Post By RonD.
  • 2 Post By thoth

Thread: how to make a trade?

how to make a trade?

I have never made a trade before, but I'm currently trying to arrange a trade with someone. We each have something the other wants, and everything seems on the up-and-up, but we have no reason to trust each other. When you buy a watch, the buyer transfers funds and the seller ships the item. There can be fraud, but at least there is some documentation. When you are making a straight trade, how do you actually handle the logistics?
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Re: how to make a trade?

I have made a few trades here on WUS

All have gone well.

In the last trade i made (yesterday for a Hamilton quartz watch), both the seller and i shipped out the watches on the same day(today)

I made sure to insure it and to get a tracking number. i emailed the tracking number to the other person. As long as both you and the other person keep each other in the loop then it should work out fine.
    badbackdan and busmatt like this.

I would think the best way to deal in trading is either in person, or you have communicated with the person enough that you don't sense any red flags. If trading with someone on a forum such as here, then posts/threads should help a person get a feel for the other person. There are a lot of people that do trading and selling on forums, but there is usually a history of the individuals post, comments, etc... to help get to know each other. I use my gut instincts also!!
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In-person would be great, but not possible in this case since we are not in the same country.

But the idea of communication and comfort level is a great suggestion. We have traded some information, and it turns out that we are in the same line of work and both have a public internet and professional presence, which is helpful.

We found that we each have a watch part that the other needs. (I identified something wrong with a watch that he listed on eBay. I have the part he needs, and I need the part that is "wrong" on his watch.) So the cash value is not great, but the parts are hard to find.
    busmatt and bsshog40 like this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

As for logistics, I have a local watchmaker that I use. We both send our watches to him (obviously just bring mine to him). After he checks both out and says everything is okay, I let him send my watch to the other person, and then he gives me the watch he got.

I have done trades on here before. If the other person is a long time member and has a good reputation it should be fine. I have never had an issue with anyone here. I have found WUS members to be honest.

But I was a bit worried with my first trade too. So I understand. In the end, if you both agree with a method that works than all is good.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Thread Information