I Finally Got The Info And Pictures For My Vintage Longines Watch, So Let's Take A Peek.
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I Finally Got The Info And Pictures For My Vintage Longines Watch, So Let's Take A Peek.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Finally Got The Info And Pictures For My Vintage Longines Watch, So Let's Take A Peek.

Ok guys, I finally got the guy to open my watch and here are the specifics. The serial number is 106274, the other number which I'm guessing is the year and the movement is 69-612A, and the case is 14k gold. The back wall of the inside case has Longines Wittnaur. I took some photos of the case and movement. To see the marking you may need to expand by covering the picture and pressing Ctrl and +. The only thing is when I enter the serial number in the year finder it says manufactured in 1837. There's no way that's right. Anybody have any ideas about that. I would think the year is 1969 based on the 69-612A number above. Any Ideas about the movement? Is there a 612A? If this watch was born in 69, that's the year man walked on the moon, Woodstock took place, America was in the middle of Vietnam, and Hurricane Camille destroyed the gulf coast. Wow, a busy year !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by thawk5571; August 4th, 2015 at 06:37.
    bsshog40 and Horological_Dino like this.

Re: I Finally Got The Info And Pictures For My Vintage Longines Watch, So Let's Take A Peek.

There should be a separate serial number on the movement. You're looking at the case serial number. Have the watchmaker write it down for you.

Then you need to register at Longines:

https://account.longines.com/en/contact#!/

They will tell you the caliber and the exact day that the movement was made. They will then tell you that the movement was sold to Longines Wittnauer and that they have no further information.

The service is free, so why not? Longines is very nice to collectors.
    gatorcpa

Re: I Finally Got The Info And Pictures For My Vintage Longines Watch, So Let's Take A Peek.

I think that the movement in your watch belongs to the Longines 503/Record 1958 family.
    Depending on the frequency and type of quickset (or no quickset at all) this will either be a 503, 507 or 508.
    The calibre number should be on the movement itself, so...
    bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Longines 503 (Record 1958)
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are the hands correct for this watch?
    Chaos is my focus

Quote Originally Posted by laikrodukas View Post
    Are the hands correct for this watch?
    Yes as far as I know everything is original on this watch. And the movement looks exactly like the 503 on Rolands page. There is no number on the movement.

comparing the photos on Roland's page to my own movement they are exactly the same. I can definitely say this is a Cal. 503 movement.
    I'"m still not sure what the number 69-612A means.

Quote Originally Posted by thawk5571 View Post
    Yes as far as I know everything is original on this watch. And the movement looks exactly like the 503 on Rolands page. There is no number on the movement.

There is a number on the movement, but the picture is too blurry to see it clearly. It is at about 2 o'clock on the photo above. You need that number. Should be 8 digits, probably starts with "5". Longines started a new numbering sequence at 50 million around 1972.

Below that number, and inside the rectangle, is the caliber number of the movement.

The "69-612A" is likely the style number or case reference number. This means nothing to Longines, as the case was made here in the US. Those records were destroyed decades ago when the watch case companies went out of business.

Take care,
    gatorcpa

Case type reference maybe? I am not familiar with any system of reference numbers in Longines... That might have something to do with me not paying enough attention to the brand( I'll probably need to seal that gap in my knowledge, no?).

I found the number on the movement.

Name:  KvPoog70nni2Ql7ZYZgyv0cJciYrrvWeHREA49NwZbA=.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  219.1 KB

I think the calibre number is 508, can't read the serial.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information