I have access to two Girard Perregaux. How Much?

Thread: I have access to two Girard Perregaux. How Much?

I have access to two Girard Perregaux. How Much?

I have access to two Girrard Perreagaux at a local coin dealer. I don't have S/N or anything yet, but one is a gold filled from the 50's or early 60's and the other is GF that looks older, maybe the 40's. The newer is a basket case with cracked crystal and what looks to be water damage. The older is missing the crown so I hav no idea on movement function, but is in much nicer shape.

He'll sell them to me for $50 each or $80 for the pair. That sounds like it is worth it to me, right? My thinking, after uncasing them to check movement is to buy both with the possibility of cannibalizing the new watch for the old if needed. If the dates check out and all and it costs me $200 at the watchmaker, a 40's GF GP is still worth more than the $280 that I have invested, right?

Re: I have access to two Girard Perregaux. How Much?

If you are going to canibalize one for the other better make sure they have the same movement. As to a vintage GP being worth more than $280, that's up to you to decide and there are a lot of factors, but I see a lot of steel or GF 3 hand GP watches going for less than that on e-bay. (oddly the 3 hand watches that sell for the most seem to be junk that has been redialed in fake military fashion)

Thread Information