i have a hilton 17 jewel automatic incabloc with date

Thread: i have a hilton 17 jewel automatic incabloc with date

i have a hilton 17 jewel automatic incabloc with date

i was wondering its worth?it says on the back swiss made waterproof,incabloc ,antimagnetic ss back it has 10 m on one of the band arms,i know it means 10microns of gold in it.i dont know the value but it works well i wear it everyday.the numbers that are printed on the watch is 6 and 12 ,no others but it has date and it is in good shape .if you all can tell me its worth i would b greatfull.
    thanx seacaptainchris

Re: i have a hilton 17 jewel automatic incabloc with date

Hi.

Sorry, no, we don't attempt valuations in here. These stickies explain why: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/vin...les-67379.html

We recommend that you try to find what similar watches sell for on ebay - its as good a way as any.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Re: i have a hilton 17 jewel automatic incabloc with date

What we <can> do, if you can post pictures of your watch, is give you a idea of how desirable/rare/old the watch may be, and maybe some background on the companies that made the watch/movement. This information can help you when comparing your watch to the myriad of others on the web. But for mechanical watches, one of the primary considerations is the movement; the mechanical bit inside. And to get pictures of that, you'd probably want to take it to a jeweler or watchmaker to have some pictures taken. In general, the words on the watch tell me it's a pre-1970's mid-grade watch. "waterproof" wasn't used much past 1969, and 17 jewels is typically a "fully jeweled" manual wind movment. Incabloc is a type of shock protection (that protects the balance wheel in the event that the watch takes a hit), and since you had to pay money to put that on the dial, it usually is found on the better quality mass produced watches.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Thread Information