A restoration, that is. I've had this NCC 101 for a year and a half:
I had done a polish of the crystal and a bit of work to the case, but it was pretty rudimentary. After 18 months of work I finally managed to get all four screws out and only broke one. Even with the screws out the case was still rusted together. I finally managed to pry it apart and then it took another ten minutes to get the movement and gasket free without damaging that. Simply cleaning the rust out of the inside of the case took an hour.
The case taken apart:
After a clean the blue bladder looks really nice and free of tears.
The back. I polished the edges with 1500 grit and gave the lightest possible cleaning to the back as the engraving has almost disappeared already.
The crystal and case cleaned and sanded. The edges are sharp!
Fortunately, I have a spare set!
The fishtail before re-brushing:
Some formal shots of the finished project: